Chapter 2

Next Morning, they had appointment with the Visa office. So, Pia woke up bright and early and did her chores including her morning prayers. After offering her gratitude to her gods she decided to wake her friends up who were up partying late last night. She knocked at their room. Seeing the awkward positions, they were sleeping in. A smile broke on her face. A family away from her own. It is such a rare thing to find.

"Breakfast is served" Pia shouted. And all of them suddenly was up and surrounding her. 

"Kya banaya?"

"what is for breakfast?"

"Damn I am starving"

She laughed at their reactions. They are always will be a foodie. But she loves them anyway. "Eat up girls, my special treat for you" Pia said placing their plates in front of them. "You are a very good cook Pia, thank you for this. How you slept last night? Any nightmares?" Disha asked and all of them looked at her face knowing if something triggers her memories, she always gets these horrible nightmares she cannot cope up with. "Like a baby, surprisingly there weren't any nightmares." They all relaxed.

"We were worried when you refused to go out last night, we knew you were upset Pia," Reva told her as she pulled Pia next to her seat and set a plate for her too. "Here eat up, you need to keep your strength up." Pia wasn't very hungry. Her mind was still on that person who she had met yesterday. "Eat up then we will leave for the visa office."

After the breakfast they all left for the Visa office together. But luck had it that Pia drew the shorter straw and her interview was last on the block that too was after lunch break was over. "Pia... are you going to come or are you going to stay? It will take time... and..." "You all should go and enjoy I will join you afterwards." Reva shook her head. "You don't know anything around here. We cannot just leave you here and walk away." She smiled. "I will be fine. I know the way to the apartment." She reassured them.

"Just call us if you need anything." Pia nodded. And they walked away. "I don't feel good about leaving her all by herself" Disha told others. "Neither do I" Mia said. "How about this, first we buy somethings for her and then one of them set them up for her birthday while another one returns back and take her to the apartment?" Reva suggested. "That should do it. She needs a break after all that happened to her anyway." All of them agreed.

The Lunch break was over but she wasn't called in yet. Pia's mood dampens and she felt a little tired and hopeless for some reason. It is like that she is not going to be called in after all. Maybe she could do it tomorrow. She will just a call to her mother. She was about to get up and walk away. But she heard her name call in.

She took all her documents and checked them again. She walked in and she was told to take the seat beside the gentleman sitting down there. She sat down not looking anywhere but the empty seat in front of her. The man came in and took the seat in front of them. "Miss Ray is it?" She nodded. The man beside her snorted, she can tell he was annoyed for some reason. "You haven't solved my problem yet and you had called her in for the interview do you not know anything about priority?" The man asked angrily.

Pia froze at his voice she had known him well, in fact she had known him a little too well. It is the same person who had insulted her yesterday. "We are trying Mr...." "Don't you dare, I have been sitting here for past one hour and still you haven't found any solution." He told the officials. "we have been working hard to amend the situation. Miss Ray, can you hold on for few mere moments? You can see we are facing a little difficulty here" Pia nodded and the official left talking with someone.

The man finally looked at her. "You again? Why it happens that if I get into some kind of trouble in this country, you are present somehow." "Look Sir, whatever your problem is you cannot..." He cut her off in the middle. "I cannot blame you? How can I not? First you ruined my Armani, next it is my passport get detained for god knows what reason, and all because of few of you immature personal, who don't know how to handle equipment nor do they know how to maintain a management system." He said particularly to no one.