Chapter 11

Pia took a deep breath and then begun "Sir, I myself was interested in the subject of how, knowing the exact pathways that may be responsible for the changes that associated with MS, specially the cognitive changes. So, when I was going through the files of patients who were treated here in the hospital beforehand, and I found out few very specific connections, studying them further had shown me, that there are very few areas where the problem seems to start from, though it is not sure from where, and since it is a degenerative disease, there is no cure once the onset had begun" She said.

"Please do explain further Miss Ray, to the things you had found, can you show us some of the reports?" "Yes Sir, I have collected them for my own use, but..." She produced the report, "Sir as you can see here in this area of brain, most of the effects have been shown, so we can conclude that maybe this is where the problem..." He was listening to her.

In fact, everyone was listening to her, there was a pin drop silence in the room as she explained. "And as there many experiments have proved before that these specific zones are related to memory. We can conclude that, if we target these areas maybe we can stop the progression of disease, but this is all the matter if we can pin point exact location, of the origin of the disease, sir."

The room fell silent. Pia was looking at them. She was now very much afraid, maybe it would have been good if she had kept her mouth shut. But she has to tell this, her and her big mouth always causes trouble. "Miss Ray, I can see why my own intern once had picked you as his own intern you truly have a great potential to be a next big thing in field of neuroscience."

Pia shied, first words since she had finished her presentation. "And the evidences you have shown us, they are quite remarkable Miss Ray, I am impressed truly, but the thing is we need to gather a little more, before we can take this to the people who will grant us funding, till then, why don't you gather more information to support the theory, run some tests and maybe we have a solid thing to procced with."

"So, you all are telling me that, we need a little more evidence and that's it? I can research on this?" Christopher asked. "Not you Chris, both of you, how about appointing Miss Ray as your research assistant? She will be a big help and frankly I think she is the best to fill the spaces, you may overlook. You both are the perfect team, I think if you combine forces, nothing can stand in your way. Till we meet again Miss Pia Ray, I wish you all the best for your future."

The conference was concluded but he was still sitting there not saying a word. She can sense that he was angry and she knew that it was her he was angry at. For she had just ruined his chances to shine. And that is something she knew very wrong thing to do. She was afraid that he might just not someone you can reason with. She cannot even try and make him understand that she was only trying to help.

She started to walk away when she felt someone hold her dupatta. She looked at him and surely enough he was the holding it. "Miss Ray, I didn't tell that you can leave, did I?" He asked. "I thought perhaps, you wish to be alone." "yes, Miss Ray as you think that it was alright if you can speak out of your turn? To impress my own mentor, you think awfully lot and you think awfully about many things which are never be useful for you."

"S...Sir I was only trying to help" She said shuttering badly. "By keeping this vital information from me? Something that can help in my own research? Whose side you are on actually Miss Ray?" He asked. "No one's sir, I was just trying to make them understand, how this research can benefit many people."

 "Did I told you Miss Ray that I needed help? Have I ever asked for your help?" She was afraid again. Maybe she had just over stepped the boundary. Maybe she should have keep quite. "Keep one thing in mind Miss Ray, you and I can never ever be a team. However, if you do find something which is relevant to my research or yours, you may want to consult me first before blabbering about it in front of my medical board"