Chapter 27

Pia knew this was going to happen sooner or later, compared to what she had been through first few months of her marriage this felt like paradise, a dream that might just not be true enough to become her reality. But she cannot just stop him from doing his work, it would be immoral and she do not wish to become clingy. "Hey girl, you seem down, what happened?" She shook her head.

"Pia, talk to us, you don't hide things from us. Remember? Sisters before misters?" Disha said. "Yes, but I cannot just run to you every time I have problem with Christopher can I?" She asked. "No, you cannot, but know that we are always here for you." Mia told her. "So you are coming with us?" Reva asked. "No, I have few things to do, I will join you later" They nodded leaving her alone.

She started to take his suits out folding them gently keeping it on the side. She took out his tie and pants, folding them too. Last night was like a dream but she too has to remember that it cannot be so every single day. His profession and hers really doesn't allows that. They are doctors first, their patients matter more then themselves. He took his tie from her hand.

And he pulled her towards him. He wiped her tears she didn't knew she was shedding. How did she become this much dependent on anyone? This is simply wrong. "I will get your things ready" She said wiping her tears. He held her hand "And yours, we are going shopping, and then tomorrow we will go sightseeing, this place has lot to offer, like museum's and art galleries, I was thinking about buying some local art. For our place, it is a bit bare and needs redecorating." He told her.

"Aren't you going to London?" She asked. "No, I am not, seeing that face how can I?" He asked. "But your work is important, it wouldn't be wise for me to keep you from it." "And it would be wise for you to keep me away from yourself? I just got you, I cannot be far away ever again. And London can wait this however cannot, you are much more precious to me than anything in this entire world" She hugged him tightly. "You can go, I will not feel bad" She whispered. "But I will, where I will get this? This hug? Your smile? Seeing your beautiful face?" he asked.

"Christopher..." She whispered. "I thought you decided to call me Roy, because you like it that way, a name just for you." He said. And then he kissed her. "We should be going if we want to catch your friends," he said. "I told them I have some work and I would join them later." She said. "Yes?" he asked. She nodded. "Then let's use that extra hour wisely my little pixie" he said looking at her mischievously.

"We will be late" Pia complained as he dressed her up. He was braiding her hairs. "Come on," Pia said again. He pulled her to him. "Christopher we are getting late... and" He kissed her lips softly. "And? I want to enjoy my time here with you my little pixie. This is city of love after all and we are here, why not enjoy ourselves a little?" He questioned. 

"I never... I never ever had expressed my wishes to anyone, and even if I did, no one ever paid any attention to them. Eventually, I stopped knowing that no one ever listened to me." She whispered.

"I am going to listen to every word you say, as I said you should start making demands, you should be a little possessive over me, I like to see what your possessive side can do, my darling wife." He said finishing with a small pendent and then they walked out of the hotel room. "Did I told you, you look beautiful little pixie?" He asked.

 "Yes, you did when you were dressing me up." He came closer and whispered "It wasn't my intention actually, my intentions were exactly opposite of that." She looked down blushing. "Got you Mrs. Woodland, now keep that thought in mind, because that is exactly what I am about to do when we return."

They met other girls, "I thought you are not planning on letting her leave your bed." Disha said, "I was not but then I thought, I have a promise to keep, right Darling?" Christopher asked. "I never told you I am buying anything," She commented. 

"No, you are not, I am buying you somethings including you know what, I am expecting another private show like last night Darling" She blushed some more. "I have to gather a lot of courage to do that, I don't know if I can again." She whispered. "I will help you with the courage baby, and you shall help me with the other things?" he asked.

"This too" He handed her another cloth, "It was the tenth one, come on I am getting hungry." Reva said, All of them looked surprised except for Christopher who doesn't knew her very well till now. 

"Reva, are you alright? Do you have temperature? Are you sick or something?" Mia asked. Pia just tuned out their conversation. Her eyes were on the girl who for some reason was following them. She looked at her and the girl hid behind a display case pretending to look at the accessories.

"What is wrong darling, you looked spooked." Christopher asked her. "That girl, this is the fifth time I saw her, weather this is a coincidence or she is following us." She concluded. "Pay the cashier would you Darling, I will see what madam want." She held his hand 

"Be careful alright?" He kissed her cheek "I will be back in a jiffy." He said smiling. But as soon as she left she had noticed a change in his posture. It was stiff as before. She had a feeling that something was not right.

She saw the woman talking to her husband and it was like they knew each other because no other way she can touch him like she is. It was like she was accusing him or something. That certainly didn't felt right. He gave her something and she nodded. She placed a kiss on his cheek leaving him. Pia averted her gaze.

 "Pia are you alright?" Disha asked. Pia nodded. "It was no one Darling, just someone asking for an appointment for the clinics. No need to worry." Pia nodded but she knew it wasn't as simple as it looked like.

"Now, who is hungry." Christopher asked. Pia was looking at her husband who was freely conversing with her friends. As they waited for the food to arrive. Pia however, was thinking why Christopher lied about that girl.

 He could have said it wasn't her business to know, she would have let it go but lying? She don't tolerate lies very well. Her mother was a victim of a lie, a lie that had change her life for the worst.

"Pia are you alright?" Disha asked with concern. She nodded. "Come with me." She said to Pia pulling her towards the rest rooms. "Tell me what is wrong Pia." Disha asked finally. "Christopher he lied. He said he didn't know the girl but he couldn't have let her touch him is she didn't her touch wasn't like some professional patient, her gestures were not business like she wasn't just here for an appointment. He lied."

 "So, you think they are having an affair?" Disha asked . "No, I don't think Christopher is cheating on me. I know he is not, but still I don't like him lying to me. If he don't wish to tell me he can say that too. I wont pressure him into telling him things he don't want to." Disha listened patiently. "Talk to him alright, tell him that it is not right to lie to you." She nodded.

They returned to their table. "What happened are you alright Darling?" Christopher asked. "Talk" Disha said to her. "Come" Christopher took her towards the open roof of the café they were currently into. The sun had gone down and they were enjoying a cool night breeze. "What is it little pixie?" he asked. She played with her handkerchief. "It is about that woman" She said. " You are still thinking about her, told you it was nothing baby," he said.

 "Was it nothing? Then how come she was touching you? If she wanted just an appointment, she could have come straight to you where I was standing, but she didn't, what can I make of that?" Christopher expression turned angry. "You are accusing me of cheating on you?" He asked. "No, I am not, I know that you are not cheating on me Christopher."

 "Then what is? What you want me to say? I told you it was nothing, then it was nothing, not every part of my life is on the need to know basis even when you are my wife." His voice was raised than usual and for a moment she saw the remnant of old Christopher in him, Her eyes watered.

"I know Mr. Woodland, you have right to hide things from me, you may not choose to tell me everything, every waking part of your life, but what you can do is not lie to me, because I have seen lies ruin lives, and trust me it is not the best experience." She said leaving him alone returning to her seat. But she wasn't alright, she was broken and not even him have power to mend her broken little self. 

Word Count: 1632 Words