Chapter 39

Pia's eyes opened as she felt his fingers trailing through her skin. Her eyes met his which was looking into hers. "Good morning Wife" He said. "Good morning Husband." She greeted back getting up hearing him groan.

 "Come on, you know what effect this have on me don't you darling?" Christopher complained which only made her laugh. He held her hand stopping her.

 "Don't you want to see the end results of my labor from last night darling?" he asked and pulled her in front of full-length mirror. She gasped seeing red little marks all over her body.

"I have marked you as mine, just mine." He held her from behind trailing her fingers over the swollen stomach. "Marry me." He said. "You were not joking?" he shook his head in no.

 "I want to go through the ceremony. Finally able to show all the world you are just mine. And that I love you, I love all of you." She placed a kiss on his forehead surprising him. "Even if you don't Roy I am forever yours. I was made for you. And meeting you wasn't an accident."

They got dressed, and walked out of the resort. "So, as we are touring your country where you want to go next?" He asked. "I have to visit Goa, to see my Aunt's hospital." "are you willing to wear a bikini, we can get married at the beach." She slapped his shoulder hard.

 "This isn't a joke." "I am not joking either, you will look beautiful in anything you wear darling or you do not wear in this case" It earned him another slap on the arm.

"Ok, fine no more jokes, I have already shorted out the hospital, and as I was preparing for expanding my business in India, the hospital in Goa would be a best start" She turned silent. "So, you want to convert it in another branch of woodland's then?" She asked.

 "You father approves of that. But since it is in your name only you can authorize it." He said. "That is something belonged to my aunt, I don't want to temper with her memories or wishes." She said.

"You are wrong to think I want to change it Pia, I don't. It will be a subsidiary of the Woodland; the hospital would be in your Aunt's name as always. I just want to help you achieve your dreams as you have helped me in achieving mine." He holds both of her hands.

 "We are a team, and if we come together nothing can stop us. Or you don't believe that?" He asked looking into her eyes searching for the answer, trying to take out whatever seed of doubt threaten to sprout in her.

Suddenly his phone rang. Christopher picked up and said "What?" In anger. "Is this a bad timing?" he heard Forrest's voice and then looked at Pia who had distanced herself from him. Yes, it is a bad time when he is trying to convince his wife that he didn't told her that he loved her so that later she can sign the approval papers.

"Yes, I am busy here." Christopher said. "Chris, you need to come, something bad had happened and it is not good for the hospital. Or your career as a neurologist." Forrest said. "What?" Christopher asked still looking at Pia's direction as she walked away.

He caught up with her and held her hand preventing her from leaving him. "Tell me" He turned on the speaker so Pia too can hear. "Remember you girlfriend?" "Which one?" Christopher asked and Pia looked at him angrily. So, she can be jealous. "How many do you have any way Chris?" Forrest sounded irritated.

 "After the fourth one I stopped counting." "This isn't a joke, Kelly or I think that was her name have found evidence against you that proves you are not fit to be a doctor, let alone a neurosurgeon apparently you are risking your patient's lives for years."

Pia and Christopher looked at each other and she spoke. "We will be back by day after tomorrow, hold the investigation till then."

"I will try hurry up both of you or his parents won't hesitate to write the hospital in her name. Because according to them Pia is the one who is behind all this" Christopher's hold tighten on her wrist. "We will be there Forrest" Christopher spoke and cut the call.