Chapter 32

Christopher looked at her concerned face. He hugged her tightly. He was breathing hard. All those memories he thought he had left behind was still very fresh in his mind and he knew very well what he shouldn't do in order to be a good father to his child. 

And those memories made him realize maybe he was not invincible as he thought he was. "I am sorry Pia" He whispered. "I shouldn't have said everything I had said. About the baby, about you, about us. Can you not forgive me one last time? Make us a family again. I feel so alone, so alone. I have no one but you. No one Pia, just you."

She crossed her arms around his back. "It's ok Roy, I wasn't going to leave you. It was never my intention. All I wanted to do was to provide a better future for my little baby." He pulled back looking into her eyes. He held her cheeks in her hand slowly rubbing his thumb on her skin. And she kept holding his waist.

 "Guess we both had a pretty worst childhood, and we both reacted differently towards this. Truth is Pia, I was afraid, I was very afraid of knowing that I am going to have a kid of my own. I was barely able to make through each day myself. I didn't wish to bring a kid in the mess I call my life."

Pia nodded in understanding. "I do understand, it can be scary, and I too am not very much thrilled to have a baby in such an early stages of our relationship, but the thing is when you said you didn't wanted the baby, it stirred up some very bad memories from my childhood. I never wished my baby to face what I faced once." Christopher shied looking at her "Neither do I, it is the last thing I wanted my child to remember Pia." He said.

"Guess we both wanted the same thing, a better future for our baby" Christopher smiled at that sentence. "Yes Pia, it is our baby. And yes, I am still very afraid of the future, thinking if I can be the father my kid wishes me to be. But I am excited to see a little thing that will light up all my darkness. I cannot help but think will it be a boy or a girl." Pia made a face. "Why you want a boy?" She asked.

"Actually no, I want just the opposite. A princess, to rule my kingdom after me." He said smiling. "that will make you a first one of your kind Mr. Woodland" She mumbled. "Why you wanted a son?" He asked. "No, I am happy whatever we will have." She whispered looking down. 

Christopher didn't understand why she was so reserved still. It is like she started to have a conversation and then she stops in the middle without completing it. He took her hand in his. "So now are we together in this?" He asked. She nodded. "Good to have you on board Doctor Woodland" She gave him a small smile.

"Now, I thought you were hungry, let me take you to your favorite place Mrs. Woodland." He said. "But don't you have clinics?" She asked. "They will call me if they need me. There are other doctors here, you know, that right?" he asked. "I do but..." "Shhh... I never had taken you on a date, let me do that as a first, I want to know you better my darling. I want you to be comfortable around me not afraid of voicing your thoughts"

 She crossed her arms around her chest, which was indeed very distracting. "Well excuse me for acting how I am from sometime, you had shouted on me for voicing my thoughts." She said. "Then it was my bad. I am sorry, again. I was just a little caught up in my world, not anymore." He held her hand and laid her to the car.

"You have to feed me till I get fat?" She complained. He was driving towards their home now because she needed to rest. " I have to, you are eating for two, and you did said you like the pies so I thought why not?" he said. "That doesn't mean you will make me eat my weight." She said pouting and he smiled. "You know Pia, sometimes you act as if you are five." He said parking the car and held her hand she pushed it away. 

"Now what I did?" Christopher asked. "You called me five." She pouted. He leaned on his knees holding his ears. "Sorry Boss, I shall never ever call you childish ever again." He said. "What are you doing? Someone will see you and..." "And I will say I have angered my wife, now forgive me or I am going to stay here like this." He said. "Ok, ok get up I forgive you." She said.