Chapter 15

Christopher was busy at his work; it had taken him all day. And now, he only wishes he could catch her before she leaves the hospital. He purchased roses for her, white roses as pure and innocent as her. He now is ready to apologize maybe after that he can treat her to dinner? If she agrees that is.

His phone rang as he got into car after securing the flowers. He picked it up. And his heart literally stopped beating. "Sir, the hospital it caught on fire." He was numb for a moment and then he started taking action, he called the fire brigade, and then he calls the emergency services. Also, then he drove towards the hospital.

Luckily, no one was injured and the fire was also seeming to be in control by the time he reached there, someone was shouting frantically for help. He saw the man from earlier. "What happened, are you crazy that you are trying to go in? what you wish to die?" "Even if I die, I have to save her."

"Save who? If someone needs help these men are here for that." Christopher said. "She might not have that much time sir. Dr. Ray is trapped in within fire and smoke." It was like someone had punched him in the gut. Pia was still inside, so why isn't anyone rescuing her? He walked towards the man, and asked "Where is Dr. Ray?" "Inside sir, I need to go back to her, I promised her I will come back..."

He held his shoulder "Stay put I wall go and get her; I promise." He walked inside when everyone is busy trying to do the damage control. No one saw him. He wrapped his nose and mouth with a handkerchief. And then he navigated his way through the maze of corridors. "Please be alright" he whispered under his breath. He saw a horrible sight. She was unconscious and surrounded by burning debris. "No, it cannot be." He said.

He reached as close as he could and tried to pull her out. The burning debris wasn't letting him go closer, and her clothes were already on fire. He jumped landing next to her. He pulled out her leg and then doused the flames on her. The smoke was blocking his vision too, getting to breathe was getting difficult. But he knew he was her only hope. Her only hope of survival.

He somehow managed to tackle the flames and reach the entrance. As he walked out the firefighters got in to doused the fire inside the building. "Pia," Christopher whispered. She didn't respond. "Put her here" The paramedics said. "Pia" Someone called, he looked at the patient he saved, no he didn't she saved him. "is she alright?" he asked holding the woman next to her. "She was trapped in, she had inheld too much smoke." The paramedic said. "And she has some serious burns on her back, also on her hands and her legs. She need to put under immediate observation."

"I will ride with you" Christopher said. It wasn't even an option, he needed to be there with her, next to her. "Can we follow too Dr. Woodland?" Victor asked. "I might suggest you against it, because you are still recovering, but something tells me you will not listen, so yes you can take my car, I will tell my driver to..." "I can drive." The girl who he supposed was his wife said. "Here, catch" He handed her the keys. And then he gets on in the ambulance to another branch of his hospital.

He was looking at her paler self. She was breathing too slow for his liking. He checked her pulse. Right now, she is his patient and right now, only thing matters is that he saved her. "She looks bad, it can be dangerous, we need to supply oxygen to her, to neutralized the effects of smoke. And when she will wake up, she will be in pain... so much pain" he knew that too. 

 And the scars? They will remain permanent. He held her hand, he didn't know why, what it is about her that wants him to break all those rules he had made for himself? What is it that wants him to protect her from everything bad in this whole world? He never really had felt anything for anyone. Other than anger, he never known any other emotion, but her? She makes him feel differently, so different.