Chapter 25

Pia saw them coming towards them. Where is Christopher when she needs him? Like right now? And where is Disha and Reva? "Mia, I haven't seen you in long." She placed a kiss on her cheek and Mia did the same.

 "Good to see you too Mrs. Woodland." Mia said. Mrs. Woodland, the one thing she never thought someone else would be called so other than her. Pia guess it was because it was something special. Something reserved for her and Christopher.

"Oh Mia, you are polite one, but shouldn't you call me Mom? I mean you are to be married to my son soon" All those thoughts Pia had kept hidden away resurfaced, that doubt over herself, that envy and jealousy returned by full force.

 "And who might you be young lady, have you forgotten you way?" The woman asked. Pia concluded she doesn't like her very much, but she did adopted her husband and raised him, so she can be civil with her.

"Mrs. Woodland, she is my sister, Pia and she is Christopher's research assistant" Mia said. "Also, she is..." The woman cut Mia off "You must be very brave to let her close to your to be husband, but a word of advice, just be careful about how much close they gets, you don't know their kind, but I know well, after all genes don't lie" Pia wasn't listening anymore. That word had triggered something very bad. Suddenly she was once again on the door of their house, back in India, she heard the same words, genes don't lie.

As she tried to covered her hurt self, the little thirteen year old, who had known no malice, was told that she was the culprit, when she had no idea about the meaning of the word. Her mother's eyes lost in the light and she wasn't defending all the hateful comments coming her way. Yes, Genes don't lie, they never do.

"You are solely Mistaken, My father may have adopted my sister, but she is my Cousin from my mother's side, and she is one of the brilliant neurosurgeon the world have ever seen. She is no way what you think is, also I am not what you claim to be Mrs. Woodland, please don't insult my sister like this and accuse her of doing something that falls within her rights." Mia said. By now Pia was in tears, Disha came and held her close, Reva tried to shook her out of the episode she was having.

"What are you saying" Then the woman notice Mia wasn't the one wearing the ring, Pia was "You? You are the one my son chose to marry? I wonder why, what have he ever saw in you." The woman accused. 

"Something you all fail to notice, mother, father, something no one can notice but I can. And that makes her perfect for me. Yet again, I do not need to justify my reasons for me to chose her." Christopher said looking at the unlikely confrontation between his wife and his mother, mostly her mother doing the talking and she was listening.

Sometimes he wishes he fight back just a little so that she doesn't have hear all this nonsense. He pulled Pia closer and she gasped as if she was woken up from a slumber. He wiped her tears, and shook his head. "They are not worth your tears little pixie." He said. 

"And she is not worth to be called a Woodland, Son, How can you go against our wishes? We have found such a beautiful bride for you? And you? What you did? But this can be amended, you are just engaged and this can still be amended. You can still marry Kelly, can't he dear? Tell him to obey my wishes." She said to the man.

"Son," The man started but Christopher hold his hand up. She can feel him getting angry. And she knew it wasn't the best time for him to snap. So she pulled the collar of his tux kissing him in front of them. All of them were shocked. Even Christopher. But he kissed her back anyway. She pulled back and whispered "Don't fight over me, I don't want you to lose this opportunity over me." He smiled 

"You should understand you are worth every opportunity, but fine I will not do anything against your wishes." He told her. "After all it is your research, my mentors are impressed by you not me my dear." He said for all of them to hear.