Chapter 28

Pia saw the food, she was actually excited to try something new, now her appetite had vanished. She nibbled on the things on her plate. All her friends looked concerned for her. She didn't said a word after talking with Christopher. 

Christopher too had not said a word. Suddenly all the playful environment seem gloomy. "Are you not going to eat?" Reva asked with concern filled voice. "Not hungry, I am just a little tired." She said not looking at Christopher.

"Must be, after all you did shopped more today then you did in entire college life Dr. Pia Ray- Woodland." Reva said trying to lighten up her mood. She gave a small smile to them. After they returned to their respective rooms Pia debated whether to be with her friends or with her husband.

 They will ask a lot of questions about what had happened. And he probably will not care. She chose to go to her room for time being. She is married now, even if they have misunderstanding, they still are married and she had duties to fulfill as a wife.

Disha was watching her whole way. As Christopher walked towards the door of his suite with his shoulders slumped Disha stopped him. "Christopher, may I say something?" Disha asked. "Yes, I have a felling if I say no, you still will say this." Disha looked into his eyes 

"If you want to keep her in your life, you have to fight hard, Pia is a person who never really depended on anyone, and she is also very much scarred, never healed, she never shared her pain to anyone, until we have to probe hard to know about her past, she had a very bad childhood Christopher. And even if you raise your voice a single time it will trigger another bad memory. You have to be patient with her." Disha said.

"You think she had a rough childhood? Then you don't know about mine" Christopher said. "Yes, I don't probably your childhood is far worse then hers, probably it had made you much more determined to become successful, but you have a family, who had backed you up, she... she had no one growing up. Your nightmare had ended, you had left the reasons behind, you can so that, she? Her nightmares are only getting worse." Christopher nodded and pulled the key card to his suite.

"She had told me, that for some reason you kept them at bay, please don't be the reason for them to return Christopher, My friend had been through a lot and she deserve to be happy." With that said she left. Christopher wonder why? 

Why it is so that even if he raised his voice a little it would trigger a memory. He wonder what this beautiful girl had to endure that was so horrifying. That she became like this, expert in hiding her pain.

He saw she was already in bed. But not in the master bedroom. She was sleeping in spare bedroom. This is not how this night was suppose to end. He was hoping for a private show and then getting to loose himself in her, but it wasn't suppose to happen.

 He is his own worst enemy as Forrest used to say. He knows how right he was now. He decided to put her to the bed where she would be comfortable. And he can keep an eye on her.

He picked her up and saw she wasn't even undressed. He undressed her and put his t-shirt on her. Her eyes lined with tears, she was crying until she fell asleep. Wasn't he supposed to make her happy? He made her cry instead. He wonder what memory he had trigger. 

"Please don't... I will never ask for it again. I promise, don't hurt her Mom...Mom, please don't hurt ma, don't hurt ma." He heard her mumbling incoherently in her sleep.

Then she begin calling out for her mother in her sleep. "Ma,... Ma... Ma,... please... Ma...Ma" Christopher shook her lightly in order to wake her up. She was having a nightmare. He remembered no what Disha said, and he certainly don't want her nightmares to return. "Wake up Darling, you are dreaming, it is just a bad dream, Pia, please wake up baby" He called out.