Epilogue

Pia was looking outside the windows of her new office. The world seems so small from here. Yes, but in reality, it is small for her. Because all she can manage to do is keep herself inside the four walls of this cabin than to face the reality outside. She cannot. And she knows very well that she cannot. Not after what she did. Not after what befallen her.

Five months had passed since that incident and she does not know if she can ever forgive herself. Turns out Kelly had sabotaged Christopher's car but she denied doing the same to Forrest's. Pia knows she is lying or else why she would deny trying to kill them again? She did try to kill her, didn't she?

"Still moping?" She felt someone's hand gone around her pulling her closer. She looked at his grey eyes. "You shouldn't have come up; you are still recovering." "And left my wife to mope again?" Christopher asked.

 "I could have done something, Roy, the bullet meant for me. she wanted to kill me, and you caught in the crossfire." She said. "Do I have to tell you again how wrong it felt every time you blame yourself for what happened?" He asked.

"But..." "No, you were not responsible, no you are not, stop blaming yourself for it again and again Little Pixie. I cannot see yourself feeling guilty every time you look into my eyes. It kills me again and again. It is worse than death, worse than dying. I cannot bear to see that defeated look in your eyes, I will heal, and I will function again, fully they didn't say the paralysis in my left arm is permanent and see I can move my fingers already the therapy is working."

She pulled away from him. "Why you are here Christopher?" "To have my wife back in my life Mrs. Woodland, I kind of miss her from my side and my life." He replied. "The wife who was responsible for ruining your dream of being the best neurosurgeon? I didn't just take your dream away but I took the opportunity of being healed away from many people, some who had trusted you to cure them"

 "Lucky then they have you to fulfill them, and besides think it as a vacation for me because I have been working so hard, I needed this rest and I needed to spend some quality time with my daughter." Christopher pulled her closer again.

"Let's go home, I want a home-cooked meal Pia, it had been days since I held you in my arms. Days since I slept beside you holding you, it is not your fault, please stop blaming yourself and punishing me this way, I need my wife, I need the woman I love beside me to heal, you are my motivation Pia, you always were. Please come with me." 

"I have some work left to finish the grants left to look before sending them..." He kissed her.

And then pulled back "Shut up and come with me Darling before I throw you over my shoulder. I still am agile enough to do that." She moved away and Christopher pulled her into him throwing her over his shoulder.

 "What are you..." "You are one stubborn woman Little Pixie; I know when I need to force my way in your life. The time is now, I am going to force my way in and that is something you have to bear, you have to because my little Pixie, you are and always will be mine."

He walked down casually not caring who watched him carrying her over his shoulder. "Put me down Roy," She said. "Only place I am going to put you down is inside our bedroom and then I will show you what I have been missing all these days Mrs. Woodland, be ready for this because I am going to count the way you moan my name for coming few days," 

"Roy you cannot forbid me from coming here. Who will..." He strapped him in his car which he modified accordingly so that he can drive it with one hand.

"You will not let me reach home to love you in peace, looks like you are going to need a little demonstration for what is coming afterward Mrs. Woodland," "Roy" She protested as he kissed her silencing her altogether.

 "Hush, don't make a sound, if you do all the parking lot will know we are up to no good behind the locked car doors." He said pulling her closer.

The car stopped and he saw the angry expression of Pia with messy hairs and torn shirt buttons she looked like a hot mess, something he can imagine to see every day for the rest of his life and he planned to do the same let her be like this. "Who will sign paychecks?" She asked. 

"Forrest and Reva are more than capable while we go on a vacation. And the jet is prepped so, you cannot say no, it is just you, me, and our princess. For whole three months, no one but us, a beach, and a house, where we will be alone and you are not leaving the bed for the next few days to come" "And your therapy?" She asked. "I have given you a demonstration just a while ago how much it was working well my love. So, do you need another one?"

"But..." "No, I know you have issues Pia, and those issues had threatened to tear us apart this time I am not letting them, so, you are coming with us and I am keeping you prisoner till I make you realize it was not your fault, And that you need to stop feeling guilty for it, For the things you have never done. And if that means I have to stay cut off from the world for few months, I will. Because nothing is important for me than your smile Pia. Nothing." He said.

He saw Pia was fast asleep and the plane was already in the air. His SAT phone rang and Christopher picked it up. "Is she with you?" Forrest asked. "Your best friend and sister are safe and sound, I have taken her on vacation as planned. She is safe for the next three months or so, and so is your niece." Christopher replied. "I am sorry it was this sudden Chris, but it was just a preventive measure," Forrest reassured him.

"I hope it is so Forrest. I cannot believe how she can slip away like this; she is dangerous. She needs to be found and stat before she can reach my family again." He told him. 

"I know, I am trying my best Chris, I am trying to find Kelly, I shouldn't have thought it would end and she would leave you alone to have your happily ever after not after what she had done. But one thing I do not get why denies sabotaging my car? She wanted Pia dead, didn't she? She wanted her dead then why she said it was not her, it was someone else? And she knows who it was. She didn't tell me who."

Forrest remember what Kelly had said "it is someone closer to you, more than you think and when you find out who, you too will believe the power of deception one you love can have over you Forrest, you will know"

"She slit her wrist in front of me. She is deranged, she is dangerous, she can go to any length to get what she wants and I figure she is not alone. You need to be careful Christopher. And I too will try and find out who it is. Safe travels and I will try and keep everything under control until you return. And find her. I promise" Christopher cut the call.

"I am sorry love for lying but it was the only way, I needed to save you and my family. And I couldn't tell you the truth about how Kelly had run away. Not without risking your safety and sanity, forgive me for deceiving you this way, but I didn't have any other option than this." Christopher said kissing her forehead as he saw the continent of the USA vanishing beneath his eyes.

This was necessary, necessary to lie to her before he loses her completely because of the mess, he calls life. 

Word Count: 1414 Words