Chapter 4

Happy reading

She looked into those Grey eyes, thankfully he was still to notice her. She was holding her hands together pressing her thumbs with each other tightly. "You all known me as Dr. Woodland, the neurologist, who specialised in brain surgery." Her heartbeat increased. She cannot work directly under him. No, it is a disaster waiting to happen.

"All of you have potential, that is why you have been selected to get the doctoral program under some of the best in their professionals. I myself never ever have trained anyone personally, this will be first time I am going to let someone do a doctoral degree under me. But as you all have provided the opportunity; I hope you will use it wisely. All the best." As he walked away she relaxed, but then he stopped and looked at them.

Her breath hitched again. "Another thing, make sure to collect your Ids from the front desk, until you are here, those Ids are your lifeline. Lose them and you will not gain entry here again. If you want to work with us, you need to be very responsible and very attentive about your duties also, as you all already have submitted your proposals, so you might also want to talk to your fellow teachers and learn how they wish for you to procced. The names shall be given outside this conference room with their cabin numbers."

With that said he walked away and she relaxed. She gathered up her things to walk out of the conference room. All other students had already left. She was about to walk out when someone blocked her way, she gasped in surprise looking into his cold grey orbs. "You thought I haven't seen you? Did you? Miss Ray?" He asked.

 "I...I didn't knew you were..." "Shut your shattering Miss Ray, and listen very carefully, you may have impressed my medical board with your proposal, but what comes next is totally going to be my decision. To get your P.H.D from my hand, you have to work hard, harder than you ever had."

"I...I understand S...Sir" "Yes Miss Ray, you should very well because if you don't..." he paused and looked at her coolly. "Your days here are numbered. You are in my territory now, that means I control your action, I control your thoughts..." he was so close to her his breath was fanning over her face. She shivered badly at that closeness. 

"And I control your future, you are to work for me, you are to work as I want you to, twenty-four seven without vacation and without any extra pay. You shall be on my beck and call Miss Ray, if you love that Doctorate degree."

She moved back. He held her injured hand. She gasped. And his hold loosens. "You are very fragile little thing, like a pixie. Which can get hurt very, very easily." No, he didn't touch her, but she was afraid of his presence anyway. And she wasn't timid or fragile, she just wanted to keep a low profile. But if he wanted to have full-fledged war, why not? She is so ready to face him and face him in any scenario he is about to put her through.

He started to walk away but stopped and looked at her. "And Miss Ray, you still owe me the dry-cleaning bill don't forget, my suits don't come cheap. I shall send you the receipt in your home address." She wanted to stomp her foot but she refrained from that. She is not going to back down, there too much at stake for her to back down now.

She knocked at his cabin, her heart had already sank knowing that he was going to be her research consultant, but she has to take care of this, she has no other choice, a Degree from Woodland, means she will have many, many opportunities in future. "Come in" She heard. She saw he was no longer wearing his Suit jacket, just his shirt and the tie wasn't there too. Overall, he didn't look like a Doctor much like a rude arrogant spoilt brat.

"I am glad you have given me that assessment Miss Ray, it gives me satisfaction how finely you can assess a person just by looking at his physical features" She wanted to bash her head somewhere, she again thought out loud. She didn't want to but she did and she wasn't very happy about the same. "Sir, I came here to ask you about my..." "Research paper, am I correct Miss Ray? I have it right here. But before we discuss that why don't we discuss what are your duties towards me, as my intern?" He got up and walked towards her.