Chapter 31

Next day came sooner than his expectation. He found himself sleeping in the couch of his room. He must have fell asleep somewhere watching her sleep. He found himself covered with duvet. So, she did care about her husband. She just pretends not to. That was a relief for him. He got up and keep the duvet neatly on the bed. He cannot just let her do everything, after all she is pregnant and she needed to rest.

He decided to go and find his daring wife. He have a suspicion that she might already left for the hospital. Her exams were over the thesis report was approved. He can now officially appoint her as his research assistant. But she seems to have her own ideas. He walked towards his spare room, she had made her room from sometime. And he heard the shower running.

He walked inside; there she was standing beneath the shower. And she looked like a goddess. He didn't wasted moments before joining her. She gasped feeling a pair of hand circling her body. She felt his lips on her shoulder. "Mr. Woodland, what are you doing?" She asked. "Loving my wife. She looks rather lovely this morning; don't you agree little pixie?" he asked. "leave me I need to go, I have some work pending in the hospital"

"Like an appointment to the ultrasonography?" he asked. "Even if it was what is it with you?" She asked. He slowly rubbed the washcloth all over her body then washing her up. Somehow, he was glad she let him take care of her. He turned off the shower and wrapped her in towel. And then carrying her out of the guest to theirs. "What are you doing?" She asked clearly annoyed.

"Carrying you what it looks like? You have a odd habit of falling down and now specially if you do, it can be very dangerous for the baby and the mother both. I thought you knew this, considering you yourself are a doctor. He placed her over the bed and dried her hairs. She averted her gaze not wanting to look at his perfect body that always makes hers betray her.

"Look at me baby" Christopher said. "Please get dressed." Christopher chuckled. "Last time I was undressing myself you weren't complaining much, in fact you were enjoying the show." "Yes, and it landed me into this situation" She muttered under her breath. "I am getting late Mr. Woodland, let me get dressed and go. Forrest would be waiting for me." He left her hand but didn't move.

"You can call him Forrest but when it comes to me I am Mr. Woodland to you?" Christopher asked. "He is a friend" She replied. "Oh and I am not?" he asked. "You are my husband there is a difference" "Yes, and I should be the one who would be helping you. Not him, I am your husband, I should be the one you should be talking about all your fears and..." She chuckled

"I tried remember, you didn't liked my complains. I didn't wished to be called clingy by you. Or nor I wished my child to be called a burden, both of which are highly likely where our relationship is heading to now."

You told her you didn't wanted the child, your own flesh and blood. She felt abandonment, yes, she did.

He remembered Disha's words. He saw her get dressed, and he vowed himself he will do everything in his power to make sure this never happens again. Ever again, they are his, she and the baby. "Have you eaten?" he asked her as soon as she got dressed. He already was dressed into his suit. "Not hungry, Forrest promised to take me to my favorite place after I am done with the appointment." 

Oh, no he will not, not if he can help it. She is his wife and it is about time she knows it. "Alright, I am driving you to hospital with me." She was about to refuse when he said "Don't even think about saying no, or I will throw you over my shoulder and take you down myself. I will do it Mrs. Pia Christopher Woodland, you are mine. I am not going to hesitate taking what is mine."

Pia didn't say anything, but followed his words for now. "See how easy it is baby, when you listen to me?" He said but she as usual silent. He started the car and drove towards the hospital. When they reached the hospital, he stopped her from getting out. She wondered why. He got out and walked towards her door and then opened it up. She looked at him surprised, he was being unusually attentive today.