Chapter 35

Christopher was gone for the day when she had this nightmare about her mother. She couldn't contain herself any longer. She needed to go back to India. She needed to visit her mother. But she didn't want to disturb Christopher while he is out attending the conference. It could be very important for their work which wasn't jeopardize by that man yet. She unknowingly dialed his number. And he picked up in the first ring.

"Hello, little pixie, is everything alright?" he asked. "Yes, everything is fine" She lied. "Another nightmare? I told you that I should have stayed or you could have come with me. What was it about?" He asked with concern.

 "Nothing, just random nightmare, how is the conference going?" She asked. "So far so good. I met some good people here." He said. "I am happy to hear that when it will be ending?" Christopher Chuckled "Missing me a little?"

"No, more like a lot but it is work it is important too," He turned silent. "Are you alright?" Pia asked. "Yes, I am good. But that is not the reason you called me what is the nightmare was about Pia" He only calls her Pia when he is serious.

 "My mother, I told her I would meet her last week but all the pending work and the conference had kept me busy." Christopher pinched his head. When she will learn to express her desires too?

"I have kept the pills in the top corner of the suitcase take two it will cure your headache and don't worry about me I will meet her in few days." She said. "No, I am coming back and we will leave tomorrow in my private jet. If your friends wish to come you can inform them" "But Roy the conference..." She started. 

"Is not worth it if it gives you vivid nightmares darling. I am coming back, pack some clothes and ask your friends if they wish to come." He said. "No Christopher, it is one trip we should take alone. There are some secrets I haven't told anyone. But I want you to know everything about me." She said. "Ok, as you wish, we will leave tomorrow, I am leaving for the states now."

Pia shied; she knew she shouldn't have told him that. Now he will leave everything behind to help her. That had become almost second nature to Christopher, helping her always. She looked around the empty house still it feels somehow unrealistic that her life actually turned out to be like this. 

She touched the ring Christopher had placed on her finger. How afraid she was once of this, of falling for him but now that she did she was afraid of another happenings. What if he knew her secrets and then he failed to acknowledge those feelings for her?

Some secrets should remain secrets because those secrets can ruin your life.

Christopher returned home and found his wife lying on the living room couch. She had been waiting for him despite of him telling her again and again not to do that for him. He shied and kept his luggage down and then picked her up walking inside the door of his room. He placed her in bed and placed the duvet in place. 

She looked so tiny burrowed between the sheets. He smiled, now that is a surprising sight to see. And even if he saw it many, many times, he will never get tired of it. He wanted a reason to come home and the life had given him a beautiful one.

He undressed himself and put on his sweatpants before too joining her in the bed. How can he miss such an opportunity like this? As if she was drawn to him, she turned around and burrowed herself more into his body. She looked like a bunny rabbit. "Sleep tight little pixie." He whispered pulling her closer.

His eyes opened and found himself alone on the bed. He hates to wake up into an empty bed. He sat up when he saw she was coming in fully dressed. He looked at the time it was six in the morning who wakes up this early on Saturday? "You are awake Roy?" He still was trying to get the sleepiness away from his eyes.