Chapter 40

He left her sleeping in their bed, it was hard for him to leave her but he had to. He needed to find out what was going on with his empire. He needed to know and try to save it for his family. As soon as he reached the place Forrest was waiting for him.

 "Forrest, what happened?" Christopher asked anxiously. He wanted to know what was going on with his empire. "They have found some evidence about you being partially blind, and Kelly is the one brought in the evidence. Clearly, your adoptive parents are behind this and well someone else too we don't know about"

Christopher almost cursed. "It is not true is it Chris? It will ruin everything you ever worked for. It will ruin her too, her dreams and wishes depends on your success." There is no way he will just going to let someone ruin her dream. Pia had work so hard for this.

 "I never told you I am sorry, yes, I do have a blind spot, and sometimes it does obstruct my work" He told Forrest. "And she knows?" Christopher chuckled "What do you think? She is one clever woman and I appreciate her for that. What are they proposing?"

"A test by someone unknown, and he will give the report if proven right all of this will go to Kelly, and your mother will sign the papers, that means yours and her research all will be over." Forrest said. 

"I will not let it happen; I will not drag her down with me. I cannot, I owe her that much, as her mentor, as her friend and as her husband." Forrest patted his back. 

"The thing is your mother proposed another thing, if you leave her, and marry Kelly, she will not go through it."

Christopher chuckled again "I will give up my practice, but I will not give her up, not even for this. I will make myself up but I am not going to jeopardize only true relation I have in my life. I love her, more than anything. Forrest, I have to protect her from everything I promised to." Christopher whispered. 

"I know and I know that you will do your best Chris, I will help you, as much as I can even if it means I have to risk my own career for this."

Pia woke up in an empty bed with a note saying,

Going to hospital, I cooked you something, eat up and rest and if you need anything just call

Love you

Roy

Pia smiled instantly. She knows he was going through enough, but still he took care of making something before leaving. All she wanted to do was to help him get through it so she called Forrest first to know exactly what the situation is.

 Since, they didn't saw Reva before, no one did not even Forrest, if she can become the one to run the tests, she can easily falsify it. But the thing is how is she going to intervene and exchange the persons? She needs help all the help she can get.

"Forrest, tell me that no one had arrived for the tests?" Pia said anxiously. "No one have until now why?" He asked. 

"Maybe I can help Christopher after all. Maybe I can switch the persons but I need your help. You need to somehow distract that person from coming in and then I will switch him or her with my friend, but first we need to know if my mother in law and her dear little Kelly knows about the person who is coming to do the tests" Pia asked.

"I like how you think, Christopher did mention you are clever, I will find out and I will call you, till then why don't you come and provide him some company he is freaking out."

Christopher was pacing anxiously when he heard the door to his chamber open. His eyes darted on the figure and he saw Kelly. 

"Roy, why are you punishing yourself like this? You can have all, the empire and the queen, you should just go with it. Because if you not, you will not have any empire to run. I happen to know your dirty little secret and that secret will destroy you. Unless you become mine." Christopher pulled her hand off his chest.