Chapter 18

Pia's phone rang as she was finishing decorating the cake. Today was the day, today Mia and Christopher will be engaged and this cake would make a wonderful surprise for them. She picked the call. It was Disha. 

"Are you working again? Don't you know you should rest Pia?" Disha asked. "I know but it is such an important day, and I wanted to make the most of it. Knowing that my sister is getting engaged. I want to be present there"

"are you sure, you want to be present for the Engagement of your sister and the man who you like?" Pia gasped. "I don't...." "You think you can lie to me Pia? I know very well; it is how I have saw you since the day you have know Mia is getting engaged to Mr. Woodland. Why you are letting it happen?" Disha asked.

 "Because the thing I feel for Christopher isn't greater than the bond I have with you all. And a man will not change that. Beside I might just like him a little, and this will wear off like everything. Who wants to be with someone who knows just how to fight with me." Disha sighed.

"Your car is waiting downstairs when you come here, Uncle wants to talk to you. He is waiting for you and Reva is there to help you she will come up any moment now." As soon as Disha told those words to her Reva came in. "Hello, anyone here, I am here to help." "In here, I am on phone with Disha."

Reva looked at the cake, "Wow this one is beautiful, can I just might me have a little tinsy winsy piece?" "Reva, this is for Christopher and Mia." Reva made a face. "You are so bad, all I asked was for a tinsy winsy piece." She said. 

Pia picked something from the fridge and handed it to her. Reva looked at the cupcake and hugged her tightly. "You are the best Pia" Pia smiled and then they went towards the car carrying the cake carefully.

Once the cake was placed neatly on the table at the venue, Reva laid her towards the room where all other of her friends were. Pia was really confused when they started to pamper her instead of Mia. She was sitting in her robes thinking about the odd situation. She is being treated as a bride. She is not a bride. 

"have you seen Christopher from the morning?" Mia asked. "No, I haven't, when I woke up, he was gone already." Pia told them. And then they again started to get her ready. After they done with her they left her in the room.

"Beta" She looked up to see George D'Silva looking at her. "baba, you wanted to talk to me?" She asked. She saw someone else with him. "Mr. Woodland?" She asked. "Shouldn't you be down with Mia?" Pia was confused, she thought George was here to help her get down to the event area. But seeing Christopher has only confused her. "I am here for my bride Pia" She gasped. "But...but..."

"You are my bride, and I am here to take you to the ceremony" Pia looked confused with all this and she saw George D'Silva looking at her lovingly. "Baba, Mia is the one getting engaged to Christopher isn't it?" She asked. "No, you are, as I have told Christopher and he agreed to marry you. Pia, Mia is not marrying him. And I hope you will agree. Because they don't know anything about engagement, for them it is just an annual foundation day ceremony and your Aunt's birthday celebration as every year. If you agree, if you trust me, I know he can keep you happy Pia."

She held the bed sheet tightly. She looked into grey eyes of Christopher; he had that cold detached look in his eyes. Not like last night. "I know baba, if you had chosen him for me, I know you would have seen something in him. And I never did gone against your words" She looked down not looking at anyone. 

"Can I talk to her?" He asked. "Can my baba stay?" "Yes, he can. He needs to hear this too, what I am about to tell you Pia, before we go down this path" She nodded not looking at him.