Chapter 33

Pia's eyes opened and she saw her husband softly touching her abdomen. It had been a week since the confrontation. Since he had poured his heart put to her and she still felt very bad not to reciprocate those feelings to him. He had stopped that night, not going further then to hold her to sleep. She saw him talking in hush tone.

"Don't tell your mom, but I love you more than your mom. And I am going to make you a beautiful throne to seat in. I am going to spoil you so much princess," he said. "is it your morning routine?" She asked. "oh no, mommy is awake baby, no more me and you time." He said kissing her abdomen.

Then he looked at her and then kissed her forehead. "you are home" She said. "yes, came home and you were sleeping." He said. "you could have woken me up." She said. "no, I didn't wanted to disturb you." He took his file he thus kept inside the cabinet of his closet. He took out some papers from it. "What is it?" she asked. "something I made you sign before we got married." "The prenup? But why you are taking it out now?" She asked. "Because..." he said looking at her. "I was a fool back then, now not so much little pixie"

He simply tore the papers that were in his hands and threw them into the waste basket. She was quite surprised seeing him do that. "Why you did that?" She asked. "Because I can. Anyways, you don't have to think about those anymore." He said. "I wasn't concerned with it in the first place Roy." How he loves when she calls him Roy. It feels like he was something special in her life. He felt belonged.

"And you were gazing at me since when?" she asked. "Well since my eyes opened and I thought I might talk to my princess." He said. How few days back he was so afraid of having a child. But now? He just loves the idea of having someone to call his own. But there are still many things he had to share with her and he was planning to do that little by little. 

"You are not angry at me that Forrest dropped me home last night are you?" oh no, he wasn't angry he was furious. But he knew it was in her best interest that Forrest drops her home while he attained boring meetings. Which reminded him about something very important.

"Darling, I forgot to tell you. You have to come to a meeting with me today. So, someone else will be taking your class." She imagined telling this to her students, and she was starting to get to the good part, the differential diagnosis game they play and they love it. 

"Just for a day. I know you love them and they love you. But I need to have you as my research partner because someone very important is coming for the meeting today." She nodded. She knows how much important it is for him to get funding for the research.

"Will it be alright?" He asked softly. Another thing is, he stopped behaving as if his decision only matters, that is a fresh change for them. He always asked her if it was alright with her to do something before he does it. Even with his business he consults not only with Forrest but with her too. 

"Ok, I will be there, I promise. I have not much to do. Few patient visit scheduled and..." "I will handle your patients for today. Do not over stress yourself with that ok baby?" he said softly and then placed another kiss on her forehead.

She saw him talking to her patient. She was Scheduled for an MRI, but no way he was letting her be in that chamber telling her that radiations maybe bad for the baby. Sometimes if frustrated her, because she was not fragile doll. But then she reminded herself, it was scary for him too maybe more than it was for him and he wanted everything to go perfect. He didn't wished for her to be in any kind of pain, nor he wished her to accidently harm herself. "Thank you and your MRI is scheduled this Tuesday" he said closing the file.

"That was the last one. Remind me why every single patient wanted to be treated by you?" He asked. "Do not tell my husband this Sir, because they are secretly in love with me." Pia said whispering. "Is that so Mrs. Woodland? Did you told them your husband is very possessive?" he asked. "I have tried. But they said they can take him out." He smile placing both his hands over the arms of her chair.