Chapter 30

Christopher was patiently waiting for her to confirm the results. He had gone at lengths to buy five test kits. She came out, not looking at him. "what is it?" he asked getting impatient. He slightly pushed her away not harshly and walked in. He saw the kits on the top of the counter. And to his horror every single one is positive. He took the tests in hand and rechecked them, surely not everyone was faulty, that means he is...

Christopher walked out of the bathroom and looked at Pia. She was not looking at him at all. "Pia, listen to me very carefully. I have too much on my plate right now. Last thing I want is a child." She looked up not saying a word.

 "It is not the right time, we just got married, we can plan one in future, but right now I don't think I am responsible enough to raise a baby." She didn't looked surprised but for the first time he saw something dark pass on her face and then her expression transformed into angry one.

"Plan one? Plan one? What you want to plan about this Christopher Royce Woodland? You could have taken proper measures, you could have told me before hand, but no, you forgot. You forgot to tell me that you wanted to plan a baby, if you wanted one in future that is. But you don't want an accident to take most of the time of your life do you? So you will plan one instead, if it suits and fits in your schedule, like if I have fit into your schedule." She shouted.

Christopher never saw her this mad. "You don't want my baby, fine I don't want your help raising it too. I can do it alone. Sure I have to cut my shifts short and there would be many things I have to think for later. But I am not abandoning my child." Christopher wasn't sure what to say that would not worsen the already bad situation. "I didn't meant it that way Pia..." He tried to hold her but she pushed him away.

"It was the last thing I wanted my husband to treat my child as unwanted but, it's alright. Nothing new situation for me. Don't bother to find the time to fit into your schedule. I don't need you to help me with this. Or anything else. I have my paper due on Monday and a class to teach, who actually appreciate the work I do for them. Thank you for all that you have given me, Mr. Woodland." With that said she slammed the bathroom door on his face locking it.

Christopher was tongue tied. All that came out wrong, he didn't meant he will not look after her or the baby, or that he don't want to have a family but it was too soon, he just wanted to spend few more years with her before diving into family life. She took it wrong and now... he messed up everything yet again.

After that day Pia seldom talked to Christopher. He wanted to clear things between them, but she wasn't very keen on listening. It was like they are standing on two shores of oceans, with no way to bridge the gap in between. 

He saw her teaching the class, how patiently she had explained all the techniques to the students and the students too were listening mesmerized. She was showing a little. Her abdomen had a little swell on it. She time to time talked to the child, he listened hiding behind her door.

Her class ended, and the students got out one after another. "Miss Ray" A boy came inside. He noticed he had something in his hand. "Yes Josh" Pia said. Another thing, she had memorized the name of every student she ever taught. 

"here is little something, since we don't know the gender yet, my girlfriend knit these for you. It is to keep the baby warm" She smiled. "Thank you, Josh, and give Alana my love." Pia said. One thing he concluded that Pia was loved and respected among his colleagues and his students. She walked out as usual giving him no second glance.

He saw she was walking inside the hospital. It had been few days since he had been to home. He was still thinking how to converse with her. She waked in hurry and suddenly she sipped. He ran towards her to save her but someone was already there to hold her.