Chapter 8

Christopher held her close, he can feel her breath fanning over his face. And also, that she is very much afraid of his presence. She looked at him, into his eyes. Her brown eyes looked too vulnerable. 

"Excuse me, but I asked for the dance first?" Eros said. "As usual Ramon, you have a uncanny habit of pissing me off, and try to take everything that I lay my eyes on, but I asked her way before you saw her, or don't you know she is my intern?"

Eros looked at her and saw how reluctant she was to be in his presence. "Christopher, you are drunk and you are scaring her." Eros said. "All I am trying to do is save her from your pathetic existence, or you might also hurt her unintendingly, as always isn't it? You didn't mean to but you do." Pia felt like she was in between some deep rivalry, and she do not wish to be part of any feud.

She tried to take control of the situation. "Mr. Woodland, why don't we dance?" Pia asked. Christopher looked at Eros's direction and smirked in triumph. He laid her to the dance floor pulling her to him. "I haven't told you before hand Miss Ray, you are looking so beautiful," He said softly. She can smell the alcohol on his breath. "How many glasses you have taken today sir?" She asked.

"Not, enough to forget my pain, but perhaps you can help me with that, maybe you can make me forget." "You are drunk" She told him trying to leave. But he pulled her to him by her waist. "I am not, I am sane enough to see how wonderful you look today. Sane enough to remember, what you are wearing, sane enough to remember everything you are conveying with your words and without them"

He pulled her to him so that her back met his front pressing closer than before. He slowly moved on the music, as a slow number came. "Sir, everyone is watching and..." "And? You are my date Miss Ray, it is only fair that you dance with me, it is only fair that you be close to me, only me tonight." He whispered so that only she can hear his words.

"Miss Ray, why are trying to escape? What are you afraid of?" he asked. "Nothing, I am not afraid of you, I am not." Pia said trying to sound brave but failed miserably. "You wish to run don't you little pixie?" He asked as the song ended and he dipped her nicely. And then pulled her up. "No, why am I going to run?" She asked. "You want to run, I am just holding on to you, just this. If I wasn't? then" He paused letting her go.

"You alright?" Disha asked knowing that she doesn't feel very much alright in company of drunk men. And everywhere she looked she found one standing. "I am fine, just fine." Pia said trying to cover herself from the prying eyes. Christopher was noticing her uncomfortableness. She wasn't feeling like she belonged here, when she was in hospital treating the patients, talking to them, helping the other students, she feels calm, she feels happy, however, now she felt very different. She felt so tensed, as someone approaches her, she got stiff.

He made his way towards her determined for some reason to save the girl. Though he doesn't know why the girl he doesn't even like to see is somehow very much affecting him this way. "So, why don't we dance? After all your father did said that he was looking for a potential husband? And I personally think you are a very beautiful girl." The man tried to touch her face but she moved back. This action was however wasn't gone unnoticed by certain someone.

"Why are you hesitant?" The man who had introduced himself as Industrialist Mr. Gilroy Davis, asked. "I am not, I am just not comfortable with dancing." "Come on, don't be shy, I can offer you many wonderful things Miss, you only have to share some of your precious time, I am not a bad company, specially when you come to know me at a deeper level. I can make you happy." He tried to touch her again but this time someone held his hand.

She looked at his face. "I think this lady has a date, and she is not interested in sharing her time with anyone but her date." The man looked at Christopher. "And who the date is?" he asked. "That would be me, you have heard my name, it is Woodland." The man looked at him a little dazed. Christopher pushed him backward and he stumbled.