Chapter 19

She looked at him; he was shirtless only in his trousers. And he was carrying his medical equipment. She stood up and he kept the plate down. He slowly took off her clothes, she closed her eyes feeling his hands move over her skin. He saw her in minimal clothing but this bothered him, how reluctant she is. How she wished to run away from here, out of this place.

She was his but only in pen and paper. She didn't accept him but the question is why? What is making her this much reluctant? Was it because it was truly unexpected? Or it is something else. She did tell him that there is no one in her life, so did he misread her about this? Maybe he did, misread her. Maybe he was too soon to make his move. Maybe it is something else that had been bothering her.

"All done little pixie." He said pulling back from her. As he told her, even if she is his, he is not going to force his will on her, not for anything. He is not like that, he never was. "You must be tired let's get some sleep darling" He said looking at her. "I thought..." She paused accessing the situation.

He might be angry; she didn't want to make him angry. So she just stayed silent. "I am tired too, come on let's get some sleep. Tomorrow we need to get to the hospital and look through your research also. You are falling behind Mrs. Woodland." "I thought I was fired." She whispered.

He picked her up and placed her on bed. All the cells in his body wanted to take her now, but he didn't wish to make her uncomfortable. He was hovering above her, looking into her eyes, trying to understand her, trying to read her thoughts. This wasn't the first time he was seeing her like this, but she looked as vulnerable as that night in the hotel.

She looked so fragile, it made him protective, he wanted to protect her against everything, monsters in his closet, and outside the world. Even himself. He will protect her from everything. He touched her cheek, not anything else. "I was angry at you, at myself, at your helpful nature, or maybe i just wished you would fight back. But what angered me most is that you could have got hurt badly, I didn't want that to happen."

"You would have fired a person, whose entire life was dependent upon this job, how can I let you do that?" She asked. "I know about your morality Mrs. Woodland, but sometimes, you should care about your own safety than others, didn't your mother teach you that?" She smiled, he shied seeing her genuine smile on her face. 

"My mother was too busy trying to grasp her changing realities to teach me anything. She was hardly there for me."

That confused him, a lot. Wasn't she was adopted? What was she talking about? "you will be joining me from tomorrow, on your original position as my intern and my student. With all those other things you do for me. Our hospital has now almost been renewed, and the children ward is functional."

"How is he? That patient we operated on? Victor?" She asked. "So, you do remember his name." He said. "To answer your question, he was more worried about you than he was about himself. And since he was fine, I released him. He did pay you visit when you were unconscious, along with his wife. Seems like they like you a lot. Which was a strange thing, a doctor caring for their patient is one thing, but when opposite happens, it is a little unusual,"

"He is a good man, and he loves his wife more than anything, I admire that about him." She whispered. "Anything more you admire about that man?" he felt strange rage. "n... nothing I just..." "Get some sleep, we have lots of work to do tomorrow" He said turning off the lights. Next morning when she woke up, he already left with a note for her to join him as soon as she can. She got dressed and go through her stuff. 

She found a silver case, Disha might have put it there. She opened it and found red vermilion inside. She is married, isn't she? She parted her hairs putting some on and then covering it up so it won't be visible to anyone. They married in secret after all. No one knows about it. All of them knew they were engaged but marriage? No that was way off the line.