Chapter 13

Pia walked in limping slightly on her foot, it was better than before, still sometimes it hurts. She walked towards the reception to find out where her boss is. She was told to go to third OT and that all the team is there waiting for her instruction. Why? She has no idea, once she had reached there, she found two nurses and a surgical assistant there. "Dr. Ray we are all ready and prepped for the operation. We need to know if we can begin mam" Pia nodded.

She was changing her clothes when someone came in she hid behind the curtain seeing him, he looked tired, and exhausted. Christopher was prepping himself for surgery, "Nurse help me with this," He called. She walked towards him and helped him put on the sterilized surgical clothes.

He felt her small hand on his back tying the mask. He knew this touch he can recognize it anywhere. Pia, was so close to him and this closeness, in this small space and in this tiny room was affecting him too much. "All done sir" She whispered. "Thank you, Miss Ray," She gasped. "You don't need to be surprised Miss Ray, once I memorize something, I never do forget that." She chuckled bitterly. "Somethings are better when they are forgotten sir." With that said she walked away.

Christopher knew he had told her about forgetting what happened that night between them, but he himself cannot forget that, and to think that she can become someone else's still, it is something which is making him angrier and annoyed, he was irritated. He can see how many young doctors around this place wanted her, wanted her to be with them. And students too sometimes forget that she is far much older in age. And it irritated him so much.

Though it just was a business marriage still, he cannot help it. And that makes him angry, that he cannot control his silly desires for someone he met just few weeks ago. It shouldn't even matter, she just was someone he is marrying to keep the word he had given to his father. But still, he had agreed, she didn't she still can back out and find someone who is not him. And that's bothering him a lot.

Also, he doesn't know why. He don't even like her that way, love is a expression which is absent from his life. His career is his only love and only thing that matters, then why it bothered him if something bad happens to her. Like when she walked she was limping a little like she was in pain. It bothered him, why? He don't know. He doesn't care, at least he shouldn't but now, for some reason he does.

"Sir, the patient is ready, and Dr. Ray is waiting for you in the OT," The nurse told him, her voice took him back to reality. "Thank you, let's go," They entered inside the OT and Pia was setting up a camera for some reason that too without his permission that had angered her. "Who gave you permission to set up the camera inside the OT, that too in front of a patient who is in this much critical condition?"

"Sir, I thought, it may benefit our class if they see a practical procedure how a surgery is done. Since, none of them is here it can..." "I asked who gave you permission Miss Ray, if I may remind you, this is my property you are standing, this is my hospital, you cannot do anything you please to." She was shocked, "I am sorry sir," "No Miss Ray, you don't get to say sorry every time you make a mistake and then just think you will just be forgiven."

She looked down. "This is my working space Miss Ray, This is my personal territory, so you need my permission for pulling any kind of stunt such as this, and you don't think I can provide my students with live feed if I wish to? This is advanced level surgery, not for everyone. I thought you might learn something from this, by assisting me. I have called for you, just you Miss Ray, I am just plainly wrong, you do not wish to learn anything, you just want to make a video and show that to your students, don't you? So, they will do what? Surpass me and start operating themselves? And praise you as a very good teacher? Do you even respect your profession?" She stood there numb hearing his words.