Chapter 5

Happy reading!

Pia walked home after a tiring day. The trip to the record room was something she wasn't expecting, looks like he doesn't wish to train her or teach her anything. He just loves to mock her. There is something very wrong with him. 

She had a hunch about it, because the way he was looking for the lenses, it cannot be just a bad thing if they had saw his eyes, is there? She wondered why he just hide them from the world why?

She settled down tiredly on her bed. It was a very tiring day, specially with all that arranging he had forced her to do. Tomorrow she has to take the classes, and her research, it had come to a standstill for now on. She wondered why it is so, what she had done for him to hate her that much. But on the contrary she likes the Forrest character. He is charming and gentle also he knows how to talk to ladies.

She heard a knock when she was going through her notes for the research she was currently developing. "Come in" She said. All her friends came in and looked at her. "So how the day went?" Mia asked excitedly. "Tiring," That was her one-word conclusion. She cannot tell anything else anyway. It is what best describes her day. "So, who is your mentor?" Disha asked.

"The person Reva spilled her drink on in that plane." All of them gasped. "You don't mean the same person who had saved you?" Disha asked. Pia nodded unable to say anything more about him. "She is right, he is Mr. Christopher Royce Woodland, the Owner of Woodland Medical Research Centre and not just one. There are five such centres across the country, this one is the oldest and the first he ever established." Mia came in with her tablet in hand.

Pia held her head in her hand "Just my rotten luck." She whispered, "Don't think it as a negative thing Pia, you can learn so much from him, he considered best in the field of neurosurgery." Her mood dampens more, only if he is willing to give her a chance, something tells her he doesn't want to give her chance of any kind and that makes her mood sour. "Only if, he is willing to give me the chance." Pia said in a disappointed voice.

They all settled down beside her. "What happened?" Disha asked. "Oh, nothing just Lord Woodland, doesn't likes me much." Reva chuckled at the name "Lord Woodland?" "Yes. His best friend told me that name, Forrest, he seems ok though, he has this unique French accent," Reva closed her eyes and said 

"Oui, the language of love, how romantic he can be." "He calls himself the heart specialist, apparently he is one of the best Cardiologist worlds have ever seen." Pia told them.

They all laughed together, finally she can relax in the company of her very best friends forgetting the rough day she had been through. "I know you don't want us to gift you anything else, but since we were unable to celebrate your birthday properly there is a small gift for you," All of them handed a small package. She looked at them confused, "Guys you have already gifted me a dress, what more you can give me?" She asked. "Open it Pia." Disha urged softly.

Pia opened up the gift. It had a beautiful watch and another packet which had a phone. "I cannot just..." "Take it, we have worked hard for this and saved money together so we can give you this, It is not our parent's money, it is ours, and besides we need to be in contact with you twenty four seven so, that if that Devil of a Doctor tries anything we can be there to protect you." She smiled. "Now, if that is the reason then fair enough." Pia said smiling.

"It is the most important reason, remember we are girl squad and no one harms our fellow Comrade, if one shall fall, others shall protect her with everything, lending their shoulder so that she can stand up and fight again, isn't it true my fellow Comrades?" Reva asked. "Aye, Captain." And all of them laughed again. 

But Pia cannot tell her how true Reva's words were. They have been here for her, and saved her from tragedy more than once. "So, you are up for Saturday, right? Father will be sending his private plane to escort us out of here" She nodded.