Chapter 10

She looked at time, she was a minute late. And he was going to flip. She knew. She had a crutch in her hand. It had been a week since she had any proper contact with him. All that it was for work. He as he said never mentioned what happened that night and she too never told anyone. All left was a memory she kept locked within her heart.

She wished only to successfully complete her training and somehow get back to her country. A very big responsibility was waiting for her there, her aunt's hospital was in jeopardy and she needed to do something fast about it. She knocked at the cabin. "Come in" She heard. She saw the girl Kelly was with him and they were talking about something. "Your coffee sir" she kept it down.

As she had already knew what her schedule was, she didn't need to ask him what she will do next. "Miss Ray, did I told you to leave?" He asked. She stopped looking at both of them. But then averted her gaze, they are about to be married, so what she is doing in middle of those two is beyond her. "Miss Ray, you are a minute late, and because you are late, you are to be on record room arranging the files."

She didn't protest. If he wouldn't teach her, she would learn herself and record room is a very good place to learn by knowing all those cases he had handled so far, the case history can make her aware of many, many things including, different diagnosis techniques. "Miss Ray, still I haven't given you permission to leave, did I?" He was still looking at a file. "No sir" She said softly.

"You are going to help me present this report to my medical board, the meeting will commence at fourteen hundred hours exact, so don't be late." "But Chris... I was the one who always paired up with you, why not today?" Kelly asked.

 "No offense Kelly, you hardly understand anything related to neuroscience and you barely had passed your degree, you have no interest in my work, nor you are interested in helping my patient." "But I studied medical so that I can understand you better" Kelly complained.

"Kelly, being a doctor is responsibility, something you clearly don't understand, I suggest you leave me alone, and please don't bother me until I am ready to talk to you." "Whatever Chris, in three weeks you will be mine anyway, or else you know very well what can happen to you and your business, don't you?" He looked at her with bored expression. And she walked away. "That girl gives me headache most of the time." He said particularly to no one.

She reached towards his cabinet and pulled a pill bottle and took two out placing in front of him. "Cure for your headache sir" She said not looking at him at all. "Miss Ray, are you avoiding me on purpose?" He asked. 

"No, I am not sir, and beside where I am going to go avoiding you? This establishment is yours and you help me put food in my stomach and complete my studies, I don't think I can actually avoid you for anything,"

He didn't know what to say. "Was it because of Kelly? I know she annoys me too. But let me assure you, I am not marrying her or anything. My mother and father had sent me to D' Silva to see his daughter, they only want to have gain of their business. Nothing else, as long as I marry someone that do that, it is very much all right with them." She smiled. "So, you are going to marry Mia, I am happy for both of you Sir. Congratulations." She said.

"In three weeks, Miss Ray I hope you will be present there, right beside your sister. Won't you?" he asked. "I am, you are right about that, I am going to be there, as long as Mia is happy with this." He nodded. "She doesn't know this yet, so it will be good you refrain from talking about our relationship to anyone." She nodded,

 "I don't Sir, because I don't care, It is between you and her. Till you decide to tell everyone, I am not going to be the messenger of the good news myself. Now if you please excuse me, I have to go and arrange some files."