Chapter 6

Happy  reading!

After that day, only work she had done was to listen to every word he said to her. Not fighting back, not talking back when he insulted her. That night after she came home, she promised herself that she is not going /to associated herself with him more than necessary. And he? He seems angry at her all the time. No matter what she does.

Her wounds are healing fine. She wasn't very much keen on sharing all the things now happening to her now a days. Between her classes, and her clinics and her intimidating and cold-hearted Mentor, she was only trying to get her work done and get out of there as soon as she can. Today she is going to ask if she needed to come in for the weekend. But she didn't know how. She was afraid how he may insult her today.

Before she can go in, he came out and they collided yet again, hitting their heads together. She held the door to keep herself from falling. Then she looked up. She looked at him and he was very, very angry at her. "Can't you look where you are going Miss Ray? Sometimes it feels like you have two left feet. You cannot walk without creating disaster of some kind. Pathetic" Her eyes watered. But she refused to cry and give him satisfaction.

"Miss Ray, why are you here, you are just increasing my Migraine only, you need something? Then do tell or else go and do some work. I have an important meeting I need to prepare for, I do not need any interruption." "Y...Yes S...sir" She shuttered. "Damn I need a coffee or I need some pills." She walked away silently, not saying a word.

He had been feeling the migraine creeping up since the morning. He didn't wish to talk to his father or his mother. But when then came and paid a visit telling that he needed to attained a party of their dear friend D' Silva in Portland next day, he wanted to protest. But his mother and father never were the one to see the reason. It was a lucky break that they didn't insisted that they marry Kelly, the girl they thought would be perfect life partner for him.

He looked up and saw Miss Ray, no matter what Christopher done, he couldn't just get her thoughts out of his mind, and that was what making him more irritated than ever. He never felt so much out of control about his feelings then he is today.

 "Miss Ray, I thought I told you leave me alone." She kept the coffee and the pills on his table. And then she turned around. "Don't worry Sir, it is of perfect temperature, you are not going to get burned this time." She told and started to walk away. But he held her uninjured hand.

"Miss Ray, have you changed the dressing lately?" he asked. She took his hand off her. "You are forgetting that I live with three friends who are doctor sir and they are very much concerned with my health."

More than you can ever be

But she didn't voice her thoughts. "Can you do mine then? Because I don't live with three friends who are doctors." "Have I ever wished to know about your living arrangements Sir? I will call the nurse, she will take care of this, I have clinics to do, patients are waiting for me to treat them and today, I am to help Dr. Forrest with his clinics." She informed. 

"And who give you permission? Who told you that you can work with anyone you wish to Miss Ray?" "sir, if you shout this way, it will only be going to make your migraine worse. Instead, you should take the pills and rest."

"Did I ask for your opinion Miss Ray?" "I wasn't giving my opinion sir, it is what the best course is for the time being. And as a doctor you know that too," He got angrier "What I told you about using that smart mouth of yours?" he asked. "Not to use my smart mouth in front of you sir. But I am not sir. If you don't want me here, I shall go and help Dr. Forrest." She told him. He clenches his fists. "First you do as I say when I say Miss Ray, secondly you don't get to question me, and third..." He was breathing hard and almost touching her body. She looked at her side, her eyes were closed tightly. "You work for no one but me... Do you understand me?" he asked harshly holding her injured hand.