Chapter 44

The car stopped in front of a nice-looking house. "She is rich" "Close, her husband is rich, and she is just utilizing his money and power." Christopher replied bitterly. Pia placed her hand over his shoulder. He placed his on hers. 

"You don't have to take me in Roy, it is your life's personal affair, it is alright, as I told you before, I trust you and I trust you to make the right decision, I know you will make the right decision in this case"

He turn around to face pia. "Pia, you are my life so that nothing that will happen will happen in my life without you knowing or you being part of that event." He whispered. "Besides, I need protection darling, and you are my best protection against all other women who thinks they have a chance with good old me." "so, there is more than one?" Pia exclaimed. "Quite a few line of exs." Pia huffed. "I am taking out my shotgun." And that made Christopher laugh.

He knocked the door and someone opened the door. "Master Woodland, Mistress is expecting you from quite some time now." Pia wasn't a bit surprised that the house staff had known him. "Come on in Darling, be careful and do not trip over ok? I do not want you to hurt yourself again." Pia nodded. Christopher held her hand and walked inside. She didn't mind it at all because she knew very well this relaxed Christopher.

"Chris..." Someone hugged him but didn't saw another person in the room. "So glad you came and you are..." Then she noticed the third person and her eyes narrowed. "I thought it was yours and mine meeting place, not for a third wheel you have bought with you." Christopher gently pulled Pricilla's arms off him. And pulled Pia closer to him placing his head on the crook of her neck. "Are you alright Roy?" She asked feeling his anxiety. He doesn't like to be touched like this.

"I am now, see I told you I need you, didn't I Darling?" He asked. Pia nodded looking into his grey eyes. He placed a kiss on her lips not bothering to say anything to other person in the room. "I am sorry, who is she Christopher? And you are letting her call you by your middle name when you shouted at me a while ago..." "Because she can Pricilla, she is the only one who can, she is my wife Mrs. Pia Christopher Roy Woodland." Christopher replied not letting go of Pia.

"Then why you came here? If you came here for me Chris then why bring your wife? What did you wanted to prove so hard? Do you wish for me to believe that you are happy with..."? She paused looking at Pia. "Someone like her?" Pia didn't mind because she knew very well even if no one considered her as beautiful or smart or anything significant, for Christopher she was always special. Just like he is for her. 

"One of the best neurosurgeons the world has ever seen, she is even better than me. And yes, I am admitting that she is better than I can ever be." Pia was shocked, how can he say that, he is the one who had taught her, guided her, did everything he can to make her what she is now, the better version of herself.

But being better than Christopher Royce Woodland? No, she cannot think she can be better than him ever. "Roy... what are you talking about? I am not..." "that is your humbleness my daring telling me that you are not better than I am..." he touched her nose playfully. "and I love you more for that, for how down to earth you are my love." They heard someone snort. 

"I want to laugh, how you are pretending to be changed, making her believe that she is better than you are but when the time comes to tell that to the world I know very well that you are not going to let her take your place"

Christopher smiled knowingly, only if she knew. "Why don't you come visit Woodlands tomorrow? And collect your son's report? Isn't it why you had called me urgently? Still try and make me believe that when you had left me you were pregnant with my kid? That too a boy, a boy who looks nothing like me..." "Royce..." Pricilla tried to interrupt.