Chapter 12

Pia was sitting on the table with all her friends, apparently, they had planned to eat out today because Mia's father is visiting. And as she had suspected, today they are finalizing the wedding. Pia felt relieved for some reason, but somehow in a small corner, she also felt bad, for no apparent reason, maybe because whatever happened that night, she was still hiding it from her friends, and she never did hide anything from them.

"Mr. D'Silva, I am grateful for this meeting" Christopher said as they took their seats a little far away from the girls. "So am I, your father had kept a proposal of a business marriage with my daughter, so that we can unite in more than just as business partner, he thinks my daughter can be your perfect partner." Christopher nodded. "Yes, he told me that when he forced me to attained your party."

That party, that night, which had changed many, many things between him and Pia. He closed his eyes and the image of her moaning his name flashed in front his eyes. He shook his head. "Are you alright son?" He asked Christopher. "Yes, I am fine sir, Just a little headache nothing much." Christopher said. "So back on the topic, whatever I have, will be of my daughter Mia, eventually, and Pia will inherit her aunt's side of business. As my late wife had wished for."

"I don't think I am interested in knowing what properties shall your daughters be getting sir, I am just here to sign the contract for the deal and the marriage comes as a part of it." Christopher informed. "Yes, I know Christopher, you are just agreeing to this marriage because of your father and mother, but I want to ask you this, have they told you which daughter you should marry?" Christopher shook his head in no.

"Now let me ask my question again, which of my daughter you think you should marry?" "What kind of question is that sir? Of course, Mia is the choice in any world if we go around logically." George D' Silva chuckled at his answer. "Son, marriage cannot be done logically. Neither can love, both are so much illogical choices most of the time, my advice, listen to your heart and then decide whom you wish to marry, close your eyes and tell me who do you see, she is your choice in any world, because she had somehow captured your heart"

He followed the instruction, knowing he will not see anyone, because his heart cannot love, nor it is interested in any one that way. But as soon as he closed his eyes her face floated in front of his eyes. "Pia" He whispered. "You have your answer son, and that is the one you should marry." "B...But I don't harbour any kind of feelings towards her. Why should I marry her?" He asked. "You said yourself, it is a business proposal, isn't it? Think it like this, you will be getting the one whom you know better, and whom you can tolerate more."

"I don't know... should I" George patted his back "Think about it hard and then, let me know your answer, but let me tell you, I will be happier if you marry Pia, if you agree." "And if I choose Mia?" he asked. "Mia is not going to choose you I am afraid, she made that clear to me today, but if you don't agree then too, I shall do the deal, you can be assured of that. And another thing you can sure about is, Pia is going to leave for India sooner than you think. She have issues, many she kept hidden from everyone."

"Like her adoption?" Christopher asked. "One of many secrets, and she needs someone to make her understand that sometimes she can trust herself and her secrets to someone else too." Christopher knew that she wasn't very open to her feelings, same as him and she doesn't trust anyone very easily same as him. But can they trust each other with their deepest darkest secret? Can they?

"I will let you know, Sir" Christopher told him as Pia was watching them. "I think the meeting is done, and he agreed to baba's terms, so Mia, ready to be called Mrs. Woodland?" Pia asked. Mia smiled at her innocent question. She knew very well that even if Pia felt bad about this marriage, she will never reveal this to her or her father, because that silly girl puts everyone's happiness before hers. "Baba, what happened?" Pia asked George.