Chapter 42

Forrest drove the car slowly taking it out of the hospital ground. "It seems that it is a little silent isn't it?" he asked. "what you like for me to do Forrest I am enjoying my wife's company and for that I don't think I need your permission. And I need not to shout and make you listen to my love proclamation" Forrest smiled at that.

"So there is a love proclamation then?" he asked. "Look at the road please before you kill someone." Christopher said. "Please, I am driving under sixty that is slow enough for me. you know how fast I like to drive don't you?" Forrest asked.

 "Watch the road" Christopher warned again but Forrest turned the radio on. "not listening to you anymore daddy" It made Pia laugh.

She is happy now. The situation she was in when she woke up is totally different form the sleep this morning. She has something she can call a family now. Her own family, someone who understands the depth of her feelings.

The darkest of her secrets, the darkest corner of her soul. "you are thinking of something Darling?" Christopher asked looking at her. She placed her head on his shoulder. "I am feeling happy Roy and that is a very big thing for me."

Christopher always liked this about her, how little it took for her to be happy. It was her innocence that had always drawn him to her, from the first day in that plane. It was her innocence that had knocked him off his feet. 

"Get used to it because there is nothing in this world that will ever going to take your happiness away from you." He said.

She held his hand "you make me happy, so happy Roy, and I love you so much. And I know you will love our princess too." She said. "I love her already and I am planning on spoiling her." Pia looked at him.

 "No, you will not, she will grow up valuing things that are given to her, she would grown to be a good girl not a spoilt little..." Christopher closed his ears. "I cannot hear you, you said something?"

Pia made a face. "I hate you" "but little pixie a moment ago, you said you loved me so much. I cannot see the reason behind the difference between the two statements" Forrest was laughing all the time. 

"So, you did think who will change the diapers of the baby girl didn't you? Or who will wake up in middle of the night to make her sleep?" Pia and Christopher looked at each other. And then Christopher asked "Since when did you became an expert in babylogy?"

"It is not a word" Pia said. But for some reason Forrest turn silent listening to that statement. "Forrest, hey you alright?" Christopher asked with concern. "Yes, I am good, don't worry." He was looking ahead at the road. 

But he wasn't alright Christopher sensed that. Every time he mentioned about Forrest's love life he didn't respond. As if he was hiding something deep inside. He was hiding something and that secret was huge enough for Forrest to hide even from him.

"I was thinking about hiring Reva, because she is an excellent worker, a little childish but she is good at her field. She can help you Forrest with your work and your ongoing research" Forrest didn't respond. 

And it also baffled Pia that usually talkative Forrest was not saying a word. She understood that pain in him, he was hiding from something, or maybe he is trying to hide something,

"Forrest? Are you alright with Miss Mathur being your intern?" Christopher asked. "Yes, anything you think is alright. I am not complaining." They watched the road when they passed a stall selling hotdog and there was an Indian snack cart. Pia looked at Christopher. 

"What?" He asked. "I want to eat that please" She showed the cart to him. "Forrest her highness had made a request. Stop her royal carriage please." "I thought Reva liked that carriage rides, not me" Pia complained. "Still are you not my princess?" Pia blushed looking away.