Chapter 21

Pia was looking through the dresses half-heartedly. She really didn't want to go to yet another gathering. She was social by nature but she had her area of socializing mostly with her friends and the work place. 

Meeting people who are too high end on the ladder of success wasn't particularly her cup of tea. She doesn't even know how to behave in such situation all of these are making her a nervous wreck. She didn't know what to do next.

"Tell me again, what kind of dress I shall wear to this party again?" She asked Reva who was happily looking at the different outfits. "Something like a gown or a short knee length dress, tell me is there nothing that interest you here?" 

It was but she was thinking about what her husband would like than what she would really be interested in wearing. She loved her salwar suits and sarees, occasionally simple dresses and jeans. But that is not something she can actually wear on this occasion.

Maybe she can wear a saree, but then again, she wanted to dress for him, Christopher. So to speak she wanted to dress something he would like to see her into. She saw a dress, it was knee length, not particularly her regular conservative style but not exactly provocative ones. It was knee length. "Mam do you like to try this one?" The shop attendant asked. She nodded. The attendant helped her with the dress then left her to change.

The dress fit her like glove accentuating her curves, hiding her scars but giving her a beautiful glow. "Let us see." Disha said. She came out wearing that one and all of them were stunned seeing her. 

"What? I know this is too much, maybe I should go on with something different maybe..." Mia stopped her. "Girl where you were hiding? You look absolutely stunning; this is the perfect dress for you." "But I..." Disha stopped her this time. "Stop doubting yourself you are looking absolutely beautiful. And there is no doubt about this."

She looked down. "if you say so, I am going to get changed ok?" And then she walked in again. She handed the dress to the attendant. And she asked if Pia needed anything else. She shook her head in no. She handed the credit card with shaky hands. "It's ok Pia he given this to you so you can purchase this" She told herself. "Here mam," She give the card back to Pia and she kept it securely in its place.

"I spent too much" Pia said as they headed towards the food court. "You bought just one dress" Reva countered. "So, I just paid with Christopher's card and..." "Wait hold on a minute there you said the Miser woodland given you his credit card so that you can spend his cash?" Reva asked. "I guess he handed me his card and said to purchase what I like but I might just have spent too much. And I know he had trusted me with his money and..."

"Breathe Pia" Disha said. She was about to have a nervous breakdown. "Drink this." Mia handed her a cup. She took few slow sips. Disha knew that it might have triggered something from her past. Something she never had forgotten. 

Another bad memory for Christopher to deal with. Maybe she should talk to Christopher about Pia. It is necessary for him to know what he was about to face and what he should do when in that situation, because she knew very well how bad it can get for Pia sometimes.

"I am sure Christopher wouldn't mind Pia. You should really stop thinking this low about yourself." Disha tried to reassure her. "I hope he doesn't mind." She whispered. "He will not. Now let's go and see if there is something more you would like." Reva said. "Actually, I want to buy something." Her face turned red remembering his words

I was imagining you in red lace

"What is it? Tell me Pia." "I need some..." She paused; she never did try to dress up for anyone this way. Yet something about Christopher wants her to test her limitations. To do what she never imagined in her wildest dreams.