Chapter 34

Forrest Chuckled. "Now I know why Pia doesn't likes you. She is a good judge of character." He said. "You don't know if you didn't make this deal, how much it will put you in jeopardy boy. Ask your father how he had built this empire, it was not based on patty emotions." The man said. 

"No, it is not his empire, it might start as his, but I was the one who had made it what it is today. And who you had Insulted very much today is the one I actually planning to share my empire with. Making her half the owner of everything I have."

"Then I suggest you ask your partner if he agrees with it." He said. Forrest can sense some deep resentment this man has for Pia. Though he couldn't pin point the reason to why it was so. But it was sure personal. "I do agree with him after all I was the one who had suggested that he should marry her." Forrest said looking at Christopher. 

"Right I think this meeting is concluded, now I am giving you an opportunity to work with the most cutting edge team you can find, under the supervision of one of the finest in the field Dr. Pia Christopher Woodland. If you can agree on my terms then it is alright. If you however cannot then I can do nothing but to make no deal with you." Christopher said calmly.

"You will regret those words" The man said. "And you will regret ever insulting my wife." Christopher said in the same threatening tone he had used. And then he left him and Forrest alone. "put some sense into his head. If he keep emotions and business mixing he will destroy everything he had work for." Forrest smiled "No he will not, after all not every emotion is destructive. Some emotions are there to make you rediscover yourself. And my friend is going through that phase only."

Pia walked inside the house. What a day it had been, it was physically and emotionally draining. That reminded her that she needed to check on her mother. So she called her. After few rings a woman picked up. "Hello? Kaun? Who is this?" She heard the voice. "Aunty I am pia is Ma there?" She asked. "Oh, Pia beta, let me check, hold on for a while." The voice from other side said. "Ok thank you" She said holding the line.

Few minutes later she heard a voice that was definitely her mother's "Pia, it had been long. Are you coming back to meet me?" Her voice sounded enthusiastic. "Yes, Ma. I will come. In few days once I get my tickets." Pia said. 

"What is it? You sound sad" Her mother asked. "Nothing ma, just a little tired. And I am carving the pickles you make" Her mother laughed. "I know you will I have already made a batch for you. It is normal in your condition" She almost dropped the phone. "You know?" She asked.

"D'silva Ji had come baring the good news beta. Tell me when I am going to meet your husband?" She asked. "I don't know he is busy and..." "Pia what is wrong beta, doesn't he treats you well?" She asked.

 Pia thought he does treats her well but sometimes like today makes her think twice. "Nothing Ma, just sometimes he be too busy to notice me." But at least he loves the idea of having a child of his own unlike some person she knows.

Christopher traced her steps to their bed room and she was talking to someone. "I don't know Ma, maybe next week?" She said. "Next week? What is next week?" Thought Christopher. "No, I don't think he will be busy, I will be alone. Maybe I will ask Disha to accompany me perhaps. And I have to go to Goa to see some property Aunt left for me." She said. He was listening very carefully. She was planning to travel to India and that too without him. It is not going to happen.

"Haan Ma, I am alright. And yes he is taking care of me. It is just sometimes I am scared to tell him everything that I faced. There are many things that Uncle and my friends too doesn't know about." Her voice turned sadder. "I wish I can tell them but I do not wish to remember what had happened and how we had escaped. Ma... I will see you soon ok?"