Chapter 40

Third Person POV

" Look who's finally back. " The familiar cool voice brushed on Samantha's ears before entering through the pieces of her hair and leaving with a shiver down to her spine. She remained frozen on her spot, not planning to move nor speak. Her eyes slowly widened, showing the genuine fear she felt.

Samantha closed her eyes and used her sense, feeling his fingers brushing the side of her face making her shiver even more at the coldness of his touch. Somehow, the anonymous face of the masked man appeared once again in her thoughts, making her shoot her eyes open to see the sight of Schlatt's face instead.

" Who were you with? " He asked calmly. His red eyes gleeming more under his empty gaze on Samantha.

" I didn't mean to, I had to- " She stopped herself once feeling his grip tightening on the side of her neck. She immediately knew she had to answer." Niki. "

Quackity appeared behind the young girl, surprised to see her standing outside while Schlatt stood by the door. He knew what had happened and chose to remain quiet while standing by the side. Samantha didn't notice him, however.

" So, you've decided to disobey? "

" No, Schlatt. I had to help her. " She responded and suddenly felt tense as he removed his hand away.

Schlatt stepped back and held her shoulders. The next thing she knew, she was sent down the hill, in which ended with her back hitting the hard concrete of one of the buildings. This caused a massive mess down below, earning a few noises that echoed all over the place as the Afternoon slowly came to an end. Quackity glanced at Schlatt worriedly. He returned a short glance before pointing his eyes down to the boy with a few others that was now approaching very closely.

" Then let's have you meet everybody! If that's what you want. " Schlatt exclaimed as he raised his arms and slowly stepped outside. He looked around the place and locked eyes with a few familiar ones, confused as to what the noise was. Behind the girl, stood Niki who had witnessed everything with her hands on top of her mouth.

" I'm not dumb, don't play with me. " He continued and glanced at Tubbo. Eret caught his stare towards his friend, making him question it as he attempts to hide him by standing beside the kid.

" Now that everyone is here, let's start, shall we? " Schlatt looked down, disgusted as he watches Samantha struggling to push herself up. " Stand up and fix yourself. "

Tubbo frowned and narrowed his eyes downward. He couldn't see properly with the lack of lighting on the woman down below, but he couldn't ignore the painful feeling inside his chest as he watched her tremble. He placed his hand on his chest and stepped forward, if it wasn't for Eret who had stopped him.

" What are you doing? " Eret asked with a whisper.

" I..don't know. " Tubbo said and stepped back.

Fundy then noticed another movement from below, before he had realized who it was. " What is Niki doing? " He asked worriedly as they all watched Niki slowly approaching the girl with cautious.

Samantha held the ground tightly with her eyes closed and her heart rapidly beating. She could still feel the pain on her back, but her body managed to push herself up and held the wall to support her. Niki couldn't take to watch her suffer and wrapped her arms around Samantha's as she knew she'd fall in any second without help.

" Niki, let me go... " Samantha mumbled towards her ear, warning her of the possibilities of her getting hurt. Niki did not listen and held her tighter, refusing to let her go.