Chapter 22

In the late afternoon, heavy rain started pouring from above. The constant change of the winds direction made a few loud banging noise from the windows and doors connected to the outside. Usually, I would be very relaxed under the rain but it was quite the opposite. The harsh rain made it difficult for me to focus nor calm and I was unable to hear clearly. That situation itself made me anxious as it makes me helpless.

All I did was to keep my distance from the door and sat on a desk from beside the bed with my journal on top of it. But I couldn't do anything but to read it from the start. I had lost the quill I used to write on this a long time ago, all I really did now was to engrave some of it in my mind, but I highly doubt I'll even remember it.

I let out a heavy sigh and placed my elbow on the wood before resting my chin on top of my palm. Suddenly, from across the room, the door started banging loudly through the heavy drops of acid outside. I raised an eyebrow and cautiously walked myself towards it. I grabbed the doorknob, leaned my bodyweight sideward with my feet pressed on to it as well and my hand laid flat on the door. As expected, the door was forecfully pushed open but due to me blocking it, the person from behind the door failed miserably.

" Samantha, it's me. " Once again, I heard the familiar dark and cool voice that I grew suspicious of. The frown on my face deepened as I contemplated on what to do.

" Where's Dream? " I suddenly asked.

" Oh? " He exclaimed in a mildly surprised tone. " Do you have some type of bond, now? "

" I'm asking how you got in here. "

" From a kind gentleman. "

I sighed.

" What do you want? " I asked.

" To have a talk with you, Samantha. " Schlatt replied.

" Can't you just say it now? "

" Unless you don't want to hear about the election for your precious L'manburg. "

My eyes widened in shock. The palms of my hands grew sweaty as the curiousity started to spark my anxiousness. I looked down at my arms and closed my eyes slightly as I slowly pulled away from the door. Then, I was met face to face with the man who's eyes were similar to blood, in which was a sign of chaos in this world. And chaos, is what brings War upon it.

I slowly trailed my eyes up his face and took notice of the large horns on both sides of his head. I have never seen someone with peculiar horns and ears.

" I guess you actually do. " Schlatt chuckled under his breath with a menacing grin creeping up his face.

" If it's about my family. " I responded and pulled the door open to let him inside. He slightly nodded his head and walked inside while looking around.

He only did this while he walked until he reached the small chair from the other side of the room. There he sat comfortably with his legs crossed and hands intertwined on one of his knee. I took this as a sign to have a seat and sat down on the same chair I was on a while ago, which was just in front of Schlatt.

" Ah, let's see. Where should I start? " Schlatt muttered lowly.

" Just get straight to the point. " I frowned.

" Well, if you want me to. " He smiled.

I took in a big gulp as I waited for him to speak.

" I will be winning this election. "

Both my eyebrows raised in surprise. I wasn't expecting such a cocky response, but I can't say it doesn't fit his intimidating aura.

" Isn't Wilbur competing as well? " I straightened my back and crossed my arms.