Chapter 45

Midnight came, hence bringing the cold and windy air of October. Everyone was still gathered around the small fireplace, silently enjoying each other's company. The only female had covered herself in a blanket and looked down while tracing shapes on the ground with a stick, Tubbo watched her do this, in hopes that it would distract him from what was going on inside his head- but a certain friend's words still lingered in his mind, making him flinch whenever he imagined of what the scene could be.

Eret silently watched the dark sky as he threw his head back, he would be relaxing and trying to calm himself, if it wasn't his friend beside him that had not stopped shivering for the past hour. He removed his gown, offering it to Tubbo with a comforting smile. The boy couldn't help a sniffle as he stared at the arm extended towards him, offering him a jacket during the cold. He felt too much emotions, that such a small convenience made him tear up at a sudden memory. Eret raised a confused look, as well as the others.

" Sorry. " Tubbo mumbled and pushed Eret's arm back, declining this despite his kindness. Fundy noticed his change of emotions, taking note of the pilling tears by the corner of his eyes, making it glisten as the crackling fire illumined his face.

" Tubbo.. " Fundy called worriedly, now realizing what the impact of his words had caused. If only he was in control of his emotions. With a chuckle, Tubbo hid his saddened face and looked up with the brightest smile he could give, trying to show everyone that he was fine- when he wasn't, at all.

" I cry too much, sorry about that. " He apologized and attempted to wipe the tears away before it could drop, but it all went down, one by one, despite his various attempts of removing it. It was truly a heartbreaking sight for Eret and everyone else to see, watching how the joyus kid they once saw was now a fragile vase with cracks, ready to be shattered in just a moment.

Tubbo took a deep breathe and hung his head low, biting his upper lip and trying to surpress any sobs. " You know what? " He started. " If she is a traitor, if she did forget us- I really do not care, not a single fucking care. Because she's my sister, and I love her. The only thing I want...is to hear her say my name, one last time, as a brother and a sister. " Tears ran down his face like a waterfall, no signs of stopping as he wiped it one last time, before he continued. " I'd do anything, for just a second of how we used to be. "

He was desperate.

He was ready to do anything, for just a single pinch of time with her, and live the remaining onward on how they used to.

Naive to their surrounding, none of the group noticed a prescence a few feet behind, her tracks stopped as she listened specifically on to Tubbo's words. A frown slowly crept up her sun-kissed face, as the words continued to circle aroud Samantha's head.

Suddenly, a painful pang struck her right in the heart, making her gasp silently as she gripped on to the fabric of her top. She had been too caught up with Tubbo's words, that she grew as a fool who wasn't listening to her heart, beating loudly as it can, as if telling her something that she couldn't understand. Her feet started to move as her only free arm searched for something to hold on, until it landed on the wooden bark of a tree. Samantha held on to this tightly, with her eyes closed and listening to the incoherent sounds.

Eventually, she was able to register the sounds as voices of people- different voices were speaking, calling her name, sharing laughter after jokes. Samantha was now crouched down on the ground, her back leaning against the tree and clutching her hair tightly, thinking it would remove the pain inside her head that was causing her agonizing pain.

Scream all you want.

The pain only increased each passing second, she couldn't do anything but to grab her hair and trap it in her fist, and could only wish for it to end.