Chapter 21

Samantha's POV

I nervously paced left and right inside the house as I waited for him to come back, and by him, I meant Dream. A rather odd situation but something made me uneasy after meeting Schlatt. Something felt different when I saw Schlatt and it was hard to read him, just like Dream. They both had this Intimidating aura that I can't describe enough with words. Is something about to happen?

Suddenly, the front door opened making a small creaking noise. I stepped forward and guessed it was Dream coming back inside after a long talk with Schlatt. My guesses were right as I watched Dream enter abruptly and closed the door after him. He was quick to notice me from the corner and sighed. I cleared my throat and headed towards Dream.

" What did you two talk about? " I asked curiously.

Dream stared at me for a second before looking down, as if he was getting lost in his thoughts. I slightly furrowed my eyebrows, my curiousity blasting through the roof as I fidgeted with my fingers.

" An election. " He simply replied.

The beating in my chest suddenly ran rapidly. My breathing hitched for a second after hearing the words escape from Dream's mouth. I couldn't get it but my guts screamed differently. Something is going to happen, either bad or good.

" For what? " I asked, fear rising up my throat like acid.

" To choose another President for L'manburg. "

My eyes widened. Silence took over the whole room while I had an uncomfortable stare off with Dream. The lanter from outside swayed left and right with the wind, casting its warm light on to Dream's face. Every second it did, I caught a glimpse of his mysterious green eyes looking through the mask.

Something's bound to happen.

" What? " My voice raised.

Dream looked away and started removing his armor one by one as he walked through the short corridors of the house. I quickly followed him from behind but he never stopped walking and started to ignore me. I grew annoyed as I hated how unpredictable this man was. I could never keep up with his mind. Sometime's I wonder what runs inside Dream's head.

" Dream, stop. "

I looked ahead and noticed we were both walking towards his bedroom. In which was located by the far end of the house, close by the back door. But Dream continued to give me the cold shoulder, paying No attention at all and walked a lot faster towards the door. I took the advantage of my fully healed legs and ran to grab his wrist. Dream was instantly stopped in the middle of the corridor with No one but the two of us. I then heard a heavy sigh.

I took in a deep breath and removed my hands from his before standing in front of Dream to block him from returning inside his room. He looked up and crossed his arms.

" I don't understand, Dream. What do you mean? "

He remained silent. I frowned and placed my hands on to my hips with a look of disbelief and confusion.

" Look, I don't know Schlatt but I don't trust him. "

" Do you trust me? "

The question surprised me, making me jolt back with a stunned expression. I suddenly was lost for words. All the things I wanted to yell straight to his face disappeared in to the void. My nose scrunched up as I tried to think of a way to respond to his question. But nothing came up.

Dream scoffed and continued to walk, zooming pass me as I take in a deep breath of his usual sunny scent. I looked down at the floor with an irritated groan and started to walk away. I didn't bother to look back and turned to my room before pushing it open, slamming it as hard as I can after entering. Knowing he had heard that, I turned around and plopped down on the bed in the middle of the room.