Chapter 28

As the sun slowly falls, everything the light once touched was now covered in pure darkness with the Moon taking its place. It's luminescence shining down from above the deepest woods, where footsteps echoed from as two men picked up their pace and passed through the vines, leaves and trees. Their whole body were covered with scratches, blood and dirt as they didn't stop. With a horror stricken face, one of the men stopped when the other had already exhausted himself and fell to the ground with a thump.

The man's once nicely curled hair was now a mess with his attire completely ruined and a drop of blood slowly making its way down to his face. His eyes bloodshot shined under the Moonlit as he laid restless on the ground. After running for miles away, he felt nothing but numbness inside his body.

" Wilbur, stay awake..! " A worried blonde boy crouched down beside the tired man as he lifted Wilbur's head with his pale arms and was desperate to keep his brother awake.

" Tommy, I'm here.. " Wilbur responded with a hushed tone. He had already lost his voice after almost destroying it during an escape they both made, and it wasn't the only thing that was slowly killing his body. An arrow's head had impaled him by the side that made it hard for him to breathe and move.

From afar, loud shouts were heard where the lights came from. Arrows were still being shot from the sky with fire. Tommy watched it all with his blue eyes reflecting the burning orange heat that falls to the ground and lit most of the trees on fire. The horror of being burnt alive or even shot by an arrow flashed before his eyes.

With all that's left of in his body, he picked up Wilbur and slung his arm around his shoulder. But the price it paid was a painful process, Wilbur had already lost consciousness which left Tommy to fend for themself. And being in the woods at Night, injured and tired, wasn't the best of combinations.

___

" How dare you-! " Like a growing forest fire, pure rage spread all over her body as she cried with despair. Tears ran down her small face with her finger pointed right at a man's back with his arms connected behind. Everyone stared at the fearless woman.

The man with Intimidating red eyes turned around and faced the girl with a sly smirk. Behind the newly elected President of L'manburg, was a new face who stood by Schlatt. He mirrored the same smirk, but with a mocking face he raised a dirty finger towards her.

" Shut up! " Quackity chortled.

" No! This isn't your land. How dare you do that to Wilbur and Tommy- " Niki stated with a terrifying bawl but was put to a stop when a man stood in front of Schlatt, equipped with heavy armory and weapons. He raised the end of his blade towards the girl and laid it to her throat with a threatening look.

Despite the dullness in his eyes, it always shined brighter whenever it came to something he was enjoying. His dark brown eyes stared deeply in to her light ones and smiled menacingly. Niki lifted her chin up, afraid that the sword would pierce through her throat in any second. From the sideline, a young boy watched in Horror while he was kept locked in his spot, afraid that the same thing will happen to him.

" I won't hesitate. " Sapnap's voice scattered in the wind and flew pass her ears, Niki gulped in fear. Despite the uncountable wraps of bandages hidden inside his clothing, he remained himself with his usual scary thirst. And from behind, her eyes caught a glimpse of blue and white as George silently watched.

" Thank you but it's not needed. " Schlatt stepped forward and placed his palm on top of the steel. His eyes moved towards Sapnap with an ordering look. To which Sapnap followed, he dropped his hand and returned the sword behind his back. Schlatt nodded and stared in to Niki's eyes, scaring her as she took a step back.