Chapter 49

The pain that once burned like fire had faded away to an icy numbness. Black filled the edges of my vision and the only thing I could hear was my own heartbeat. My breath came in ragged, shallow gasps.

Seconds passed as I lay there, screams and shouts of help here in there, then, I heard his voice. With what's left inside my body, I slowly looked away from the darkening sky, to his tear-filled eyes looking at me as I watched how his mouth moved to his screams, to what I believe, is my name. My lips quiverred at the sight, hurting me more than I thought it would.

Before I could say a word, I was lost in the darkness in a snap of a finger.

Sniffles and soft sobs echoed around the small room inside Pogtopia's space, alarming the man who was sat silently beside her, carefully brushing his fingers against the brittle papers in his hands. The edge of his red gown draped down his arm as he raised it, placing a hand on top of her icy skin. A frown made it's way to the tall man's face, displeased with the current body temperature of the frail woman. Quickly, he shook her hand in attempts to waking her up.

To his surprise, his faded red eyes widened as the brunette shot up from the makeshift bed, throwing the covers off of her body and on to the lumpy stoned floor. He huffed out, before slightly standing up to prevent the girl from doing anything, not wanting to cause a scene in the Middle of the Night with everyone trying to regain their energy- specially with what had happened earlier.

" Samantha, calm down. " Techno mumbled.

Her head crained itself to the side, staring at him with her mouth slightly agape and beads of sweat all over her forehead. Techno knew she'd wake up sooner or later, but he wished it wasn't him instead.

" Where- "

" You don't need to be afraid, " He sighed and slowly slid his hand off her, before plopping back down on the small chair behind him. " I'm not going to hurt you. "

Nervous and Terrified, Samantha worriedly looked around, searching for any familiar faces that she could feel safer with, but unfortunately, it was just her and the rosy haired man sitting beside her with a small book in his hands. His tall height and massive gown was already enough to intimidate her, and the gold jewelries scattered from his head to toe made it worse for her. Technoblade's eyes trailed down to her throat, watching it as she swallowed thickly with the small gulp able to be heard from how eerie the place was.

He sighed again, and turned his body, just enough to reach a small glass on a table beside her bed. To the advantage of his long arm, he easily managed to grab the liquid filled glass and offered it to Samantha. The small gesture made her flinch, which wasn't a surprise to him as he believed well that things happened to her, he just wasn't sure on what specifically.

" This is water, it's clean and fresh, I had one just a while ago. " Techno stated with his usual straight tone, and pointed his gaze at an empty glass on the same side table.

" Who- Who are you? " She finally spoke after a minute of silence as she took the water in one gulp, easing the dryness of her throat while the ends of her fingers fiddled with the rough edges on the glass. This somehow relieved Techno, obvious to the fact as he rested his back on the chair and took a deep exhale through his nose.

" Technoblade, I've helped Wilbur and Tommy since their exile, as well as Tubbo in someway. " He explained thoroughly but used lesser words, he'd thought it would scare her if he spoke too much.