Chapter 5

Samantha's POV

I groaned loudly in utter pain as Fundy held both my arms, restraining me while Eret helps on healing me with bandages wrapped all over my body after he emptied a whole bottle of healing. Once everything stopped, I was slowly placed down, my back hitting the wall behind me slightly as Fundy left to tend Tubbo who had Tommy beside him. My breathing was heavy, my body felt like breaking down but I managed to keep myself awake. I slowly looked up, locking eyes with Eret.

He had removed his glasses as he pinched the bridge of his nose. Eret looked miserable, he was tired and was obvious that he lacked No hope at all for this war. I stared in to his eyes, shinning with tears. I placed a hand on top of his, making him look at it me with a saddened expression.

" Eret, we will win this, trust me on this. " I forced a smile on my face.

" Samantha... " His lips quiverred as his whole body started shaking under my hand. Eret quickly looked away and placed his glasses back on before walking away as he dusted the dirt off his pants. I sighed as I watched him, thinking of a time to talk to him about all of this.

" Sam. "

I looked up, my eyes widening after finally seeing Wilbur. I pulled myself up, clutching my stomach as I stumbled my way towards our superior. Everyone took notice of this and started pilling around Wilbur. He all looked at us with an empty stare, sending shivers down my spine, never have I ever seen Wilbur's eyes so emptied.

" We have to get ready and bring all of our strongest weapons, we only have limited time to head to the embassy. "

Everyone saluted as we all seperated ways to grab our things inside our hidden chests. I crouched down on the ground and pushed a heavy chest away and placed it beside my bed, revealing a small chest underneath for any danger that would come upon me or my family. I pulled the lid open, blinding me by the shinning steel my arrows were built in while my axe was made with Diamonds I spent months on finding. I pulled everything out and admired an enchanted bow, I smiled proudly at my creation.

" Samantha I have something for you. "

I turned to my doorstep, I smiled at Tubbo who was fully healed after taking the healing potion he made himself. I was glad, even though I was barely but my health isn't the top concern currently, winning this war is. I stood up and walked over to Tubbo, I looked down only to see a diamond chestplate and two pairs of arm guard. I looked at him with wide eyes.

" How...? "

" A long story. " Tubbo sheepishly smiled.

I placed my hands on the gift and accepted it with a proud smile on my face.

" Thank you. " I said, he nodded as a response and ran away to head for Tommy who was having trouble on equipping his armor. My smile never left as I slipped a black, short-sleeved turtle neck and slipped on a Purple jacket, in which I placed the chestplate over. The thick leather straps engulfed me in a tight hug, making me wince when a wound was touched. I slowly bent down and grabbed the arm guard, I placed it on both my wrists before hurriedly grabbing my bow and arrows to strap behind me. Lastly, wearing thick pants with my combat boots.

" We have to go! " Wilbur's loud call echoed around the walls of L'manburg, everyone's loud footsteps started caving in towards Wilbur. I last picked up my axe and ran along with the others as we marched our way towards the embassy, L'manburg's embassy.

Wilbur, Tubbo and Tommy walked together at the front, standing tall with their weapons in case any of the enemies attack us. Fundy stood in the Middle, carrying pearls and potions while Eret and I were placed behind as a last resort considering our top-tier skills in engaging battle amongst the others. I was the sharp-shooter while Eret engages in close range. I was afraid but fairly confident with our win but someone felt different. I turned to Eret who seemed out.

I raised my hand and locked our hands to catch his attention. Eret looked at me in surprise, shocked as he must've been deep in thought. I gave him a worried smile, asking indirectly if he was feeling alright. He raised his free hand, forming a dome with his fingers as he twisted it on top of his heart in clockwise along with a nod. This was a made-up signal that answered if any of us were okay, I felt somewhat relieved. I quickly looked away and followed Fundy as we started climbing the ladder up towards the mountain, once we were up, Tommy screamed and motioned his arms to get away.

" E-Eret... " I looked down, my breathing stopping as I watched the ground fall underneath us. Eret gasped loudly and tightened the hold on my hands before pulling me away as I was in a complete state of shock. As we run through the explosives underneath us, I watched in Horror with the ground sinking with every step we take. Until we managed to escape by hiding inside Tommy's cove. I held the wall with my palm clamped on my mouth.

One, Two, Three...

I closed my eyes, counting endless numbers to relax myself. A trigger of mine was triggered and it caused a panic attack to explode inside me, now wasn't the time for me to dry my eyes out. I opened my eyes as I watched the floor in front of the open door, arrows with burning fire slowly spreading along the floor and outside. I squinted my eyes at the sun that slowly rised from behind the mountains. Three figures stood tall on top of Tommy's tower, all equipped with their shinning armor and weapons.

" Another tower is close by, I can see it from here. " Tubbo announced as he stood at the other side of the embassy.

" What do we do? " Fundy asked, his ears falling as he couldn't help but be scared for his life.

" That's Punz's tower, we can run there to have a higher ground. " Wilbur responded with a frown on his face while he stood beside Tubbo. Everyone gulped at the announcement. The tension was slowly building up inside the small space, everyone was afraid including Wilbur but we all silently agreed as to it was the last option.

I looked down, another arrow with fire was shot inside the cove, setting the chests on fire. Tubbo and Fundy screamed but I got ready and loaded my bow with an arrow, I stared at Wilbur. He looked hesitant before nodding, as if he was able to read the plan I had in my mind. I nodded back and ran outside as I aimed my bow up in the sky, letting go of the string as it sent the arrow flying towards Dream and his teammates.

" Go! Go! We have to run, everyone! Run! " Wilbur went next and motioned aggresively towards another tower.

I continued to watch the enemies as they seperated after the shot. I raised my arms again and slowly walked sidewards, following everyone as they make a run towards the tower. I stared at Dream from atop, his bow ready and quickly shot it. The arrow went on high speed along with the fire. I shot back, deflecting the arrow with Mine's. It landed on a tree, setting it on fire. I looked to everyone, everyone managed to get close and was on a safe distance already. I returned to face Tommy's tower, only to witness Sapnap and George charging towarde me with their swords and shields.

I shot it towards the middle of the two, hoping to distract them as I flee to take myself to safety. I ran as quickly as my legs could take me when I was almost at the foot of the tower, everyone screamed my name when fiery arrows started falling on the ground beside me. I held my hand out to Eret as he did the same, fear written inside the orbs of his eyes. Once our palms touched, he pulled me in, sending the both of us on the ground.

" T-Thank you... " I mumbled as I pushed myself off the ground to follow the others up to the tower's floor. Eret nodded with a silent response and followed.

L'manburgians now stood atop of the tower with bow and arrows in each other's hands. I took the Middle spot and narrowed my eyes at the moving enemies to try and shoot us and also avoid our incoming arrows. Everyone started cheering as Dream and the others seemed to be having trouble with aiming back at us as they were too low on the ground. I watched Dream signal as they fleed the grounds.

I let out a breathy chuckle with everyone screaming in our first victory of the war. I turned around and raised my hand with the bow in hand, cheering along with everybody. Unknown to the fact of what the future held for all of us, L'manburg.