Chapter 12

" We've been walking for an hour and a half! " Sapnap complained at the front while George mindlessly ignored him.

Dream and I walked behind in silence, none of us speaking as we continue. Although, I was very tired and I could barely feel my legs, I managed to endure it a little longer as we continue our endless trip towards a clear path in which I have No idea on where it leads to. None of them had told me where we're going, nor did they tell where Eret was. Only then did I notice this when I remembered Eret after feeling my Journal hidden inside my clothes, after all, he was the one that returned it to me.

" Dream! Sapnap won't shut up! " George stopped walking to turn around and tell Sapnap as he was obviously filled up already. Dream raised his head slightly as he looked up ahead.

" Of course, I won't! I'm giving myself leg cramps! " Sapnap fought back as he pointed harshly towards George.

I glanced at all of them, weirded out by their peculiar personalities that managed to fit really well together. I slowly stepped away and took this advantage to look around, searching for a hole to escape this deep forest as well as thinking of a way to escape without them catching on. My eyes trailed down to my legs, staring at my heavily bandaged legs with skin barely seen as well as both of my arms, making my body stiff and unable to move properly.

" Sapnap! " Dream yelled in a hush tone.

I paid No attention to them as I spotted a large tree with a small cut in the inside that I could perfectly fit in and have a seat. I slowly made my way towards it and took a peek of the inside, somehow it looked fine. I turned around and took a seat, a groan slipping pass as I made the wrong decision to bend my knees after a long walk. I heavily sighed and stretched my legs, staring at the bloody bandages.

" When will this end. " I whispered to myself and looked around, still trying to navigate the forest with my eyesight. Maybe I could devise a plan on how to escape, but it'd be hard without Wilbur by my side.

I then heard rustles from afar, I squinted my eyes and tried to find the source of sound, leading me towards the other end of the path. Where we all came from. My mind started rambling about my friends, stating that it might be Wilbur or Tommy coming to find and save me. I felt my heart clench as I continued to hope it was true this time.

" Fine, we'll be staying here for the night. " Dream announced from the background, making me turn as I watch the three of them argue a few feet away from me. As I continued to watch them, the view somehow reminded me of two boys.

One with a vulgar language and attitude that No one could compare to, with a friend who's as chaotic yet kind hearted boy. A smile crept up my face. Only to realize it later on that Dream had noticed me once he turned around, I quickly averted my eyes down to the ground. I awkwardly watched him from the side of my eye walking towards me.

" We're staying here, "

I nodded.

" And you're coming with me. "

I looked up in surprise, my eyebrows furrowing.

" What? I don't want to come with you. " I responded.

" You have No choice, now stand up. " He took my wrist and tugged on me, telling me to stand up. I groaned in annoyance as I pulled my arm away from him and stood up by myself, glaring at him afterwards. He only responded with a sigh as he grabbed on it again and started leading me deep inside the forest once again.

I continued to follow whilst looking around, wondering where we were headed. I turned ahead and stared at the back of Dream, he must've known this forest before to walk so mindlessly inside a forest. It may just be a place filled with trees but in this world, nowhere is safe.

After a few more minutes, I started hearing rushing water from the distance. It sounded more like a waterfall due to the loud sounds. I continued to walk until Dream stopped, making me stop as I tip-toe'd to prevent myself from slamming on to him, only to have it the other way around when he turned around. I lost balance and gripped my hands on to his clothes to hold myself up. He was surprised and grabbed on to my waist before stepping back, balancing himself as his breathing hitched once he sees the deep waters behind.

My eyes widened as I saw it too, one wrong step and we're in. I looked up and realized how close I was, I quickly pushed myself away and stumbled backwards. I looked away as I cleared my throat at the awkwardness.

" What are we even doing here? " I asked, crossing my arms as I speak.

" To fish. " He replied.

" To, what? " I looked at the body of water, I realized it was connected to a river with a waterfall at the end of it with loads of rocks underneath and a small cave behind the fall. I turned to Dream to speak, only to have myself cut my own words as I realized he was gone. I raised an eyebrow, quickly untangling my arms as I looked around.

What in the fuck?

I constantly mumbled to myself while looking around, completely confused as to where the bastard went. I scoffed and made my way to the edge of the water close by the waterfall, the water was rather clear but there was No sight of a man. I stepped back and turned around, only to be surprised by the man himself.

" You'll be helping. " Dream ordered and harshly placed the rod on top of my hands. I slightly felt myself go down before regaining my balance as I gripped on it with two hands.

" Geez, you could've just gave it normally. " I complained before turning around as I walked towards the river.

I stopped by the water and looked down at the fishing rod. My mind went black as soon as I realized I had No idea on how to fish. I glanced behind me and saw Dream heading towards the Waterfall with a bunch of empty bottles in his hands. I looked away and tried to figure out how to figure the rod out. I then pulled on a string, making it fall on the ground with the knob twisting until it stopped once a small pile of string with a hook fell on the ground.

" What are you doing? " Dream frowned once he sees me after coming back from the waterfall. He dropped the bottles by the ground and raised an eyebrow at me.

" I, uh... " I looked down and then at Dream, unsure of what to respond.

" Just hand it to me, you're breaking it. " He held his hand out which where I placed the rod. Dream glared at me for a second before fixing it quickly. He then proceeded to stand beside me.

I watched carefully as he baited the hook and extended the pole out over the water before lowering it. Dream then turned to me, making my eyebrows raise. A sigh left his lips as he removed one hand from the pole and grabbed my hand.

" Wha- "

I was instantly pulled in front of him, making it seem like I was the one fishing. He then placed my hand on the rod and the other on the knob to reel the fish in.

" Keep the pole horizontal to the water and hold it steady. " My eyes were wide as I stared at his hands on top of mine. It was cold yet warm and a lot larger than mine's. I looked away insantly once be moved one of his hand away and pointed at the bobber.

" Do you see that? " He asked.

" Yeah... "

" If it jumps or shakes, quickly pull on it. "

I nodded. He then moved away from me, the cold air suddenly hitting my body as he finally left. I looked at the water, completely flustered as to what just happened.