Chapter 4

Samantha's POV

I watched the two teenagers in front of me as I tried to shake off the pain running through my body. I placed a hand on my throat and felt the warm liquid staining my palm, I looked down horrified at the sight. I closed my hand and pulled out my bow, loading it as I quickly got ready before trouble creeps in.

" You're bleeding. " Tommy walks up to me, placing a hand on my shoulder as he stared at the land below the tower.

" This is nothing. " I replied with a cold-stoned face as I looked up from my bow, staring at Tubbo who was fairly confident with his plan, even adding objects he had found inside the tower in order to trap the enemies inside along with the deadly bomb.

Tommy's grip tightened on my shoulder before loosening as he stomped angrily to the other side of the tower, I watched him from the side of my eye. I knew he felt terrible, knowing me and Tubbo are in a critical condition but I can't let any of them die, not under the hands of the devil's spawn. I clenched my teeth and aimed my arm to the portal, only to find Tubbo gone, my eyes widened. I turned to Tommy only to find him with Horror plastered to his pale face as he yelled while pointing at the ground. I quickly ran and held the pillar, my eyes widened as I locked eyes with the emotionless paint on Dream's mask.

" T-Tommy! Samantha! "

I turned to the ladder, seeing Tubbo struggling to climb back up the tower. Tommy screamed out his name before running quickly to his aid, putting in all his effort on to pulling his friend up. But the heartwarming scene was cut short as I felt an arrow move pass my face, making me stumble backward. I followed the direction it came from, before landing on Dream, watching us from down below as he slowly raised his bow with a newly lit fire on to the tip of the arrow.

My eyes widened as I watched him aim directly towards us, I quickly engulfed Tommy and Tubbo in a hug before pushing them off the Power Tower. All of us watched in horror as we landed on the soft mud but barely managed to survive broken bones. I forced myself up and whinced as I motioned for them to follow me. I grabbed on to the wall, using it as a support as I tried my best to pull myself up.

" You're not going anywhere. "

I raised both of my arms protectively in front of my face, as soon as I saw a motion in front of me. I expected more pain directly to my body, only to hear a loud noise as a metal managed to hit another. My eyes shot open, watching Dream stare at me in surprise as his sword managed to get stuck on my arm guard. I took the opportunity to kick him on the stomach, sending him flying backwards but quickly returning to his heel.

The sword fell down on my hand, letting me grip it tightly as I stood in front of the boys behind me with a sword in my hands. Dream lets out a laugh at my stance, my heart beating fast as I knew to myself that I wasn't as good as the others during close, range combat, let alone engage in a real battle. Trying was the only option left for me. The masked man then pulled out an axe, shinning with enchanments carved in to the precious stone it was made of.

" Run. " I whispered before running towards Dream as I tried my best to keep him off Tommy and Tubbo.

" Samantha! " Tubbo yelled in Horror his eyes blood shot red from the waterfall of tears streaming down his cheeks. My heart clenched painfully at the sight.

" Tommy, please. " I mouthed to him as I pleaded the boy to take the chance and save themself. I could see the hesitant in his face.

" Shit- " I turned to Dream and saw his axe inches away from my face, I quickly stepped away but took the wrong choice, sending his blade slicing through my thin shirt and to my stomach. I stumbled and held a hand over the wound to prevent blood loss. I glanced at the two, both of them were Mortified but Tommy took this as a signal. He picked up Tubbo by the hand and dragged him back to the walls as fast as he can.

I was now left alone to face the masked man himself. I turned to him, shakily raising the sword in front of me with two hands, both of them a bloody mess. Dream stared at me in silence.

" Are you suicidal? " He laughed.

I frowned. " Protecting my home is different to killing myself. "

I ran to him and swung my sword, only for him to block with his axe and made a dent on the mental. I took in a deep breath before stepping on a large rock to boost myself up as I jumped down with the sword, Dream stumbled, letting go of the axe as it fell down a hill and through the deep waters of the ocean. I looked at him, a smirk displayed on my face as I slowly advance forward.

" Scared now? " I taunted.

" Me? Please, I could take you down right now with my two bare hands. " He confidently answered, showing me his fists.

" Bet. " Blood trickled from my lips and down to my chin, I ignored it and got ready. Being Cocky wouldn't help much in this but if it means to protect, I'll do it anyways.

Dream charged at me with full speed but I was fast enough to swing the sword, making him dodge and back away from it. My breathing hitched when I didn't notice his incoming attack with his fist directly to my face, I bent my back backward as I sliced through his jacket, giving him a wound on his stomach, just like mine's. He backed away but didn't seem to be hurt by it, I gritted my teeth and charged at him. My arms was on my side, ready to swing it at his face, only to be grabbed by my arm and punched on the abdomen.

I dropped the sword due to the pain it caused but he didn't let go of my arm, he twisted it around and locked me down on the mud. I now laid on my stomach, my right arm pinned to my back and his legs placed on both sides of my legs, giving me No chance to move. I used my free arm and pushed my body up the ground before rolling around, I sat on top of Dream and pinned his left arm on the side and placed a finger on the side of his neck, taunting him with the nerve below my finger that could easily knock him out for who-knows how long. We both breathed heavily while the rain continued to get louder, we were covered in sticky mud but the rain helped on getting rid of it slowly.

" I may lack..the physical strength to battle you...but I have something more that you don't have. " My chest went up and down in a fast pace as I stared at Dream below me.

" What.. " His voice sounded more like a growl.

I let out a scoff and raised a hand to punch his mask, which I directed to his eye but the only damaged it left was a crack on his mask, making the piece crumble and slowly fall down his face. My eyes widened, seeing emerald eyes staring right back at me. Something triggered me, creating a massive headache, I groaned and immediately stood up from Dream. I immediately picked up the sword from the ground and ran as fast as I can, clutching my head as noises started surrounding me.