Chapter 27

crack.

" Dream! " George yelled at the top of his lungs, right after rescuing Sapnap at the last second.

The very tree that Sapnap was pinned on, had a massive crater right under Dream's knuckles after he had lost control of his own body. His fist as fast as lightning, striked towards the bark where Sapnap's head once touched. Silence errupted between the three men. George's eyes were wide open as he lightly gasped in shock while holding on to Sapnap, he couldn't believe his eyes. Was he really seeing this? Did he just witness Dream almost hitting his own friend? His heart dropped in disbelief with his hand on top of his lips.

With the sound of cracking wood, Dream pulled out his fist in one quick twist. The pointed ends of the wooden body managed to rip most of his skin, creating a heavy bleeding wound with the familiar red liquid running down his hand.

" Dream, what is happening to you? " You could hear the cracking inside George's voice, he was in complete confusion. His emotions started to scramble everywhere and messed with his mind. The tiredness and the pain inside his body made it worst than it seemed making him feel so weak.

Dream kept his mouth shut and had his gaze stuck on the ground with his back facing the two. George took in a deep breathe in and slowly built a piece of courage for what he wanted to say next.

" This time, I might need to agree with Sapnap on this. " George said. " Wilbur's about to lose his own battle, Everything will be our's now and we finally have our Victory. Even though Samantha had escape and could've possibly done all of this, is she worth more than your own desire? "

The wind flew pass the three men, standing inside Nature's prescence in which revealed itself by blowing heavy wind towards their direction. Small groups of grass and the leaves from the tall trees swayed with the wind gently as it left with a soft whistle through the deep woods. Dream's clothes was tugged on by the wind and managed to remove his hood from the top of his head. This revealed the beauty of his golden brown hair shinning under the rays of the sun. Along with his hair, was his eyes that peaked through the small holes in order to see through his mask, it was glistening with all sorts of green shades.

But behind the splendour features, lies beneath an unanswered question he was yet to realize. Something he pushed away for so long that unknowingly grew larger to every second of every day. It was impossible and there was No way such thing could exist, he said inside. Not knowing, the mystery of tomorrows.

Dream closed his eyes and turned his head away. He refused to respond to George's question and walked down the path with a heavy heart. He didn't know why he felt the way he was, all he knew was how wrong he was for attempting to raise his hand on someone who spoke the truth and also a person he called a friend. Yet the painful pang in his heart signalled differently. Why does it hurt? He asked himself.

" Come on, Sapnap. " George mumbled towards him and wrapped an arm around Sapnap to provide Support for his injured friend. They both turned their backs around and planned to head back to their base, not even granting Dream one look as the three seperated in to one and two.

___

Tubbo's POV

Currently, I stood by Tommy who was sat on one of the steps that led towards the stage. We both wore our uniforms, the ones with Royal blue colors and golden designs that L'manburg proudly wore. Although the upcoming event was nervewracking, hearing Tommy's confident remarks gave me hope.

" I just know it, Tubbo! We are definitely going to win this! " He exclaimed with yet the biggest grin on his face. I laughed and matched with his enthusiasm.