Chapter 41

Tubbo sniffled as he laid the side of his head on the table, tears still streaming down his eyes as it started to soak the table itself. His sobs had already stopped an hour ago, the only thing left was the most little sound of his breath. Despite this, his friends patiently stood by his side as they knew who hurted the most.

From the doorstep of his room, Niki stepped inside as she carefully held a glass of water. Slowly making her way towards Tubbo, she sat down on a seat beside his and placed it on the table. Tubbo looked at this before closing his eyes, his eyebrows furrowing as another tear escaped his eye. The kind woman smiled sadly and fixed his hair.

" Tubbo, you need to drink. " She said, worried that he wasn't able to breathe properly with all the sobbing for over an hour already. Her hand then trailed down his back, feeling how his trembling became worse.

He raised his arm and placed it on her shoulder, Niki felt the force as if she was being pushed away. She glanced down and stared at Tubbo, his glistening eyes reflecting her own face. With this, Niki worried even more and looked for help as she glanced at the two guys. Eret stood up and offered Niki his seat, switching as he sat beside Tubbo. The moment he saw him closer, he felt his heart drop at the sight of his face. He looked terrible, worse than before.

Memories of last time washed over his mind, remembering the time he had talked to Tubbo, regarding the finding of Samantha. For the second time, he once again felt the familiar feeling clawing him on the inside. The feeling of being a monster, standing huge and tall in front of an Innocent boy, who wanted nothing but good. Eret used his sleeve to wipe the threatening tear that dared to fall down, before placing his hand on Tubbo.

" Hey, sit up, I need you to talk to me. " He said, hoping he'd get a respond back but Tubbo never did, but he didn't want to leave him like this. He promised something that he failed to do, he knew he had to make up for it. Eret tugged on his arm, repeating the same words to Tubbo. The younger brunet still refused to talk.

" Stop being stubborn, Tubbo. " Fundy sighed from the back, Eret looked at him with a warning glance.

" C'mon, you need to talk to us. " Eret tried to drown out Fundy's voice as he was forcing Tubbo with poorly chosen words. Still with no response, he grabbed Tubbo's arm and pulled him up with surprising ease.

" Tubbo? "

Tubbo opened his eyes and wiped his tear soaked face. " Sorry. " He apologized sincerely and continued to wipe his face as the tears started to come back as soon as he spoke. Eret waited patiently and offered him a clothe to fix himself. " Wilbur told me about her being here, but I never knew she'd- "

" Hey, relax. "

" It's just confusing, Eret. Sam would never do that, I know her. " He continued in between his sobs.

" That's what you know, what if she's also a traitor. " Fundy answered.

Deciding not to mind Fundy, Eret focused all of his attention to Tubbo and listened to him carefully.

" Traitor? " Tubbo heard and looked at Eret with a worried look.

" No, " Eret sighed. " There's still no clear explanation to what Samantha is going through right now. Let's not assume things. "

Silenced ruled over the room. Each one had their eyes stuck to different places besides each other.

" I had a talk with her just a while ago. " Niki finally spoke, looking up and piercing her lips together.

" What? "

Niki played with her fingers as she started to tell the story of her and Samantha's conversation. Eret listened with all ears, surprised by a few facts that disturbed him in someway. He scrunched his eyebrows and turned his head to the side, deeply in thought with questions that he tried to find an answer to.