Chapter 14

The smell of iron scattered the wind as Dream gripped tightly on his arm. Samantha's eyes widened at the sight of his green jacket slowly turning red with the blood seeping through the fabric. With the fact that he had layers of clothes, Samantha knew the wound must be severe to bleed through all of it. Dream however kept backing away, not wanting for Samantha to come near him.

" Dream, I... " Samantha stopped herself from speaking as she came to a realization. If he was bleeding, he was hurt and is not in the best condition right now. She can take him down in a second, but why is her body reacting in a different way? Samantha frowned while frozen to the ground.

" Fuck. " Dream swore underneath his breath as the bleeding grew worse. He quickly dropped his bow to the ground and ran to find his pouch, scrambling through in a hurry, making every item inside drop to the ground in a mess. Once he grabbed a hold of a water bottle, Dream sat down and removed his jacket and another to reveal his sleeveless black shirt. He then proceeded to let go of his arm, revealing a massive burnt mark.

Samantha frowned at the sight, despite being far she could see that it wasn't taken care of since the day he got that. She knew all too well from Fundy and Tubbo who studied together about basic knowledge on survival. It provided much less informations about wounds, treatments without potions and safety. Her eyes then caught sight of a water bottle in his hand, her eyes went wide.

" Dream, No! " She pushed herself up and walked towards him as she stopped him from pouring the water in to his wound. Dream looked up abruptly and frowned.

" What? " He asked as soon as she grabbed the bottle away from his hand and crouched down.

Samantha held the water and looked at it, she frowned and dropped it to the side.

" Cascading water is not clean, you'll only let parasites in to your body. You should know this. " Samantha scoffed and carried the bottle towards a furnace she could use to heat up the water. She was able to use it quickly with the help of a fiery wood she grabbed from the campfire without waking Sapnap up.

Dream watched from under the tree in silence. The orange light emitting from the fire illuminated her small face and bright brown eyes, making it appear as seemed like a mix of red and brown. It didn't take long, Samantha was quick enough to cool the water before taking it towards Dream.

" Stand up, you can sit there. " Samantha helped him up and sat him on the same tree she found a while ago, the one that had a carving inside to sit on. Dream slowly sat down and felt something from beside him, he looked down to find her Journal.

Samantha didn't seem to notice this and took care of the wound by cleansing it with the cool water. Dream quickly used his other arm to grab it away from getting soaked by the water. He looked at it for a meer second before dropping it to the side, the book wasn't for him to care about. Before looking back to his arm and noticed Samantha wrapping it with a clothe. Her hands was quick yet gentle, as if she was making sure it won't damage it. Dream unknowingly moved his eyes upward, staring on to her face while she doesn't notice.

Dream now had an idea on why Wilbur and the others cared so much for Samantha, she had a gentle touch that No man could do and a caring side that could easily be brought up by anyone who's hurt. He looked away quickly and frowned to himself. Dream was aware of his thinking and it wasn't to his taste, something was wrong.

" There, that should be good enough. " Samantha stood up and backed away from him.

Dream responded with nothing but a silent treatment before standing up to grab his clothes. Samantha watched him walk away to head towards his spot close by the other two. She sighed and sat down on the tree, attempting to catch some rest before dawn.

___

At the exact time before sunrise, I woke up at the sound of faint voices. I couldn't understand anything so I opened my eyes to see, only to my surprise, I saw two familiar people in front of me. My eyes widened, thinking I was dreaming. But the thumping in my chest said so. I pulled myself up and engulfed the two in a tight hug, the warmth of their body answered my questions as tears prickled the corner of my eyes.

Once again, I heard Tommy's chuckle as his fist clenched tightly on my clothes while Wilbur protectively hugged me. The feeling of being together after the longest time made me cry as I refused to let go of them. But Wilbur forced himself away, making me look at him. I decided it was best to let go for a while. Tommy then shot me his usual grin.

" Sam, I'm sorry it took so long. I couldn't find you, I tried, everyday. " Wilbut apologized, his face painted with sadness and pain at the trauma the war had caused.

" Wilbur, it's alright. I was locked underground for who-knows-how-long, It was almost impossible for anyone to find me that day. " I explained, making Tommy curse Dream's name.

" I'm sorry. " Wilbur whispered before removing his jacket and placed it around my shoulder as a comforting action. A small smile illuminated my face as I finally felt safe.

But in this cursed world, No such thing as safe.

Sapnap's loud yell echoed through the forest as the animals hidden inside their hidding ran away after being startled. All of our eyes widened when Dream had appeared out of nowhere with an axe equipped to his hand along with a shield. Wilbur grabbed me by the hand and pulled me away while Tommy followed behind. I turned back only to see George, Sapnap and Dream following along with heavy weapons.

I feared the sight as Tommy falled back after being grabbed by Sapnap. I yelled for Wilbur to stop and help Tommy, he did but was hesitant to let go of me. I shook my head and told him I'll be fine. Wilbur quickly ran away and battled Dream's Team while I stood from afar. As I watched, I felt like vomitting with all the Nervousness bubbling up inside me. When a hand made in contact with my wrist, I turned around and was met once again with Dream. I quickly kicked him to his side and twisted my arm to twist it along with his, he immediately backed away.

" Run! We have to go! "

I followed Wilbur's order and picked up my pace as I started running through the trees. Tommy followed me next with Wilbur running behind but I could still here the sound of metal clashing together along with Tommy's scream for me to continue. I closed my eyes and ran as fast as my feet could take me, hoping silently we would escape this together. But to my surprise, I was quickly caught by an arm, putting me on lockdown with a blade on to my throat.

My eyes widened in horror with the only thing I could see was my reflection on the shinning steel the weapon was made of. Wilbur soon caught up with Tommy, to find me standing behind a blade to my throat that could kill me in seconds.

" don't you dare, bastard! " Tommy was infuriated, making him scream all sorts of things. If it wasn't for Wilbur that placed a hand on his shoulder.

" Tommy, " He said. " Tommy, calm. "

Tommy immediately stopped and looked at me. I put on a smile to reassure him that I'm fine. He looked down with his jaw clenching and his eyes burning with anger. Dream, Sapnap and George appeared next beside us. I glanced at Dream who was looking at me. I saw his hand raise, as if he was tempted to stop someone when he was blocked by George. I looked away and stared at the sky, silence susdenly invading.

When Wilbur's sudden yell for my name blasted through my ears, along with a whisper to the man behind me.

" I'm sorry, Sam. " Eret.