Chapter 16

Samantha's POV

I opened my eyes slowly and stared at the ceiling above me. I had been awake for the past two hours, listening carefully but no one seemed to be with me at the moment. I took the chance to sit up and took a look at the room, I was in a more cleaned room and a well decorated one. The bed was large and soft, there was red carpet on the ground and there were windows open.

I hopped off the bed and walked towards the window, touching the items inside the room as I continue. Once I reach the window, I placed my hand on to the railing and looked out. My eyes widened at the sight of green land surroundding the supposedly house with the sun shinning bright in the distance, as well as flowers and a small river by the entrance. I backed away slowly, frowning as I was confused. I looked down at myself, my eyes widening.

" What the... " I looked to the left and noticed a mirror, I walked towards it and gasped lightly as I stared at myself.

Instead of my ripped clothing during the war, I wore a large white t-shirt and my usual pants that looked like a mess to match with the clean top. I didn't mind and looked all over my arms, legs and face. I was covered in even more bandages along with a new wrap over my throat. I placed a hand on it and felt confused for a moment. I swear I could remember voices but I couldn't remember what happened, I took a few steps back and landed on the bedsheet. I looked out the window as the cool breeze flew pass me, making me squint my eyes at the harsh blow.

" Tommy! "

The loud feminine scream made me open my eyes. I immediately looked up and was faced with a man standing before me, though he wasn't looking at me. I followed his eyes, only to find myself on top of a wooden path and watched a girl jump inside the river. I quickly made my way towards the other side, hoping she'd come out soon. Fortunately, she did but uncontrollable tears started falling down her cheeks while she held a boy in her arms.

I jumped towards her and sat on the grass, slowly raising my hand as I wanted to comfort her. But instead of a warm feeling beneath my palm, I watched my hand go through cold air.

" Tommy, this isn't fair! Wake up! "

I looked down at my hand and noticed tears running down on my own face. I covered my mouth with my hand as I stepped back from the scene and in that exact time, the girl looked up at sky with her eyes brighter red than the scattered blood all over her body. I slowly stepped back one by one, watching the event unfold with it ending after she was dragged away by a familiar man. The last thing I saw was a glimpse of green sleeves at the end of the path.

I flinched once the sound of slight cracking came from behind me. I turned my head and caught sight of a masked man standing behind the wooden door. Anger bubbled up inside me like boiling water. I clenched my fists tightly as I made my way towards him and sent a punch to his face, sending him down as he held the part of the mask that I had managed to crack, earning a bloody knuckle on my hand. But it didn't stop there, I picked him up from the collar and slammed his back towards the wall behind him as I continued to wrap both my hands to his throat.

" You killed him! How dare you! " I yelled at the top of my lungs, causing a burning sensation inside my chest.

Dream however was silent as he looked up at the ceiling. I screamed and tightened my hold until I felt him choking under my hands but he never laid a hand on me, not even to my arm to push me away. This made me loosen the grip as I backed away from him. The pain caused him to fall down to the floor while he held his throat, constantly coughing. My heart clenched even more when I saw blood seep through his lips, remembering Tommy's body as I held him in my arms, barely breathing with an arrow stucked through his chest.

" You're heartless, bastard, Dream. " I sobbed, my voice cracking as I continued to speak. " He was a child! "

By now I had Dream beneath me as I continued to punch his mask, hoping for it to break to be able to reach his face. But I could barely do a scratch, the furthest I got was a crack with a price of bloody knuckles. I slowly bent down, dropping my hands to his chest and gripped the jacket inside my fists. My head slowly fell down and placed my forehead on top of my hands, continuing to sob while lightly punching him on his chest with the left energy inside me. I was tired and broken, the scene kept repeating in my mind that sent shivers down my spine.

Time slowly passed along with my sobs that grew quiet with the passing second. All I had in my mind was the painful memory of someone dying in my arms, the same boy who I cared more than my own. I opened my eyes and blankly stared at the window outside, watching the trees sway in relaxation under the joyus sunshine. As I watched, I felt envious of how happy it seemed, not even a single worry in its own world. I silently stayed like that for the time being with tears still running down from my eyes, completely ignoring everything to this point.

" Samantha, "

" Please, please leave me alone. I'm so tired. " I clenched my jaw and pushed myself away from him, forcing myself to stand up and walk towards the mirror. The sadness and anger disappeared slowly, leaving me in an empty void of emotions, making it seem like I was tired while staring at myself inside the mirror.

I eventually fell down, my knees giving up as I cried loudly on the floor with my hand placed to my mouth. The mirror in front of me showed everything, making me scream and punch the glass in to hundreds of pieces. I continued to do this, until every little pieces of the glass on the floor was painted red by my own blood. I stopped when hands wrapped around my fists, restraining me from moving it.

I looked up and glared at Dream while desperately trying to escape his grasp. I kicked and punched everywhere but he never flinched nor make a single move yet I continued until I was tired and fell forward, landing on to his shoulder. My arms went limp as soon as I felt physically tired, the sudden surge of energy a while ago was now long gone, making me helpless. Dream removed his hand from mine and wrapped his arm around my upper back.

The sudden action surprised me but I wasn't able to do anything but to stay the way I fell after. He had also let go of my other hand and engulfed me in a warming hug, pulling me closer with my face resting at the crook of his neck. I inhaled deeply, taking in his scent of sunshine and freshly cut grass. My eyelids grew heavy as I felt like passing out, but it never did. We both stayed in the same position for hours but it comforted me in someway, even if my mind was screaming for me to push him away. I badly wanted to but my body refused to act the way my mind wanted to, it felt like a spell was cursed down to me, binding me in my spot inside his arms.