Chapter 50

Samantha's POV

" What? " I silently gasped, my eyes slightly widening. My breathing was put to a stop when I heard the words I never thought I would hear from him. It was the biggest surprise yet, and the best, I suppose. The heart inside my chest started to beat rapidly, and there was no lie that it was singing for something very obvious.

Clay continued to stare at me, his hand still holding mine's along with our bodies basically inches away from each other. Slowly, I felt waves of warmth scatter my face in one full splash as soon as I heard his obnoxious laugh, releasing all the pent up amusement he hid as he let's go of my hand. Bewildered, I stared at him.

" You should've seen your face! " He laughed out loud, almost a little too loud.

I frowned, not that I was put in a bad mood. I just find his laughter quite— something.

" Well, I can't, unfortunately. " I replied dryly, much like my humor. But it did earn a snort from the blonde, which I guessed was a pity gift for my attempt of joking.

He placed a hand on my shoulder, which made me turn my head and suddenly felt a poke on the side of my face. I quickly realized it was his finger, he laughed again.

I rolled my eyes. " What did you mean by that? "

" What? "

" The whole 'love' thing. "

He continued to act clueless, staring at me with his bug " innocent " eyes.

" What? "

I scoffed in disbelief. " Love is War, I'll be you soldier—? What does that even mean? " Although it may sound hilarious, I actually had an Idea on what it meant, it's just my thoughts stopping me.

His eyes quickly fell on me, as soon as I said that. His smirk grew wider and he quickly inched a little too close for the comfort of my scrambling emotions. Of course, with how close he has gotten, I had troubles on to avoiding eye contact. It wasn't just awkward, but made me a lot nervous as well, like a different type of nervous. I bit my lip unknowingly and moved my eyes everywhere but on him. I regretted that immediately.

I gasped as Clay pulls me down to the soft ground and quite literally pinned me there. His hand was wrapped tightly on my wrist while the other remained behind me, as to make it careful not to hurt me in the process. But I was too caught up with our position to even acknowledge the slightest pain. At this point, I couldn't breathe properly. He smelled exactly like a Fresh Morning breeze, and it was intoxicating my brain.

He sighed deeply and his head slightly fell, along with one of his arm that bent, making his lips brush against my ears as I flinch. Now, there was really no more space to even consider, just one move and, that's it.

" How did I even let myself in to this? " It didn't seem like he was talking to me at all, he was in a deep conversation with himself while he continued to rest his face right beside my ear. " You're making things very hard for me. "

I chuckled nervously, not knowing how to react. " Same goes for you— I don't understand you at all, Clay. "

" That's the problem, You wouldn't understand even if I explain it to you. "

We both stayed the same for a minute, until I gently pushed him off of me as I sat up. He was surprised, but he didn't react as much and continued to rest his forehead on my shoulder while his hands remained where it was. I must admit, it made me feel things I shouldn't, considering the circumstances— but I couldn't help it. With just a simple feeling of his hot breath brushing against my bare neck, my heart was already jumping in all sorts of places that really made me Anxious, thinking he'd hear it with how loud it was pounding through my ears.