Chapter 13

Time passed, it was already late when I looked up at the sky. It was in a wonderful color of blue, violet and black colored with bright specks called stars. The sight was wonderful, even the wind matched the relaxing aura surrounding the forest. I dropped the fishing rod to my side as I raised my legs and hugged it, continuing to admire the sky. Only then did I realize how much I missed being outside, being stuck in the underground was a painful torture.

I looked down and watched as the water illuminated the Moon above. I could even make out the dark shadows of all the tall trees. I smiled softly at the sight, the tension leaving my body as I relaxed by the river. Only to have the moment ruined by a footstep behind me.

" We have to go back. " Dream said as I watched him pick up the rod beside me along with the bucket of fishes we got from the hours of fishing by this very river.

" I'd like to stay longer here, " I responded softly, not wanting to create another argument with him like we usually do. " I'll find my way back. "

I heard him sigh, like he was hesitant to agree with me. But I waited for him to leave or respond to my request, as I wanted to have my alone time. I then heard the sound of footsteps turning around and started walking away. I sighed in relief with a small smile on my face as I cherished the last bit of moment with just me. I looked down to my lap and picked up my Journal. I wanted to write but I had nothing to write with, so I held it in my arms as I stated the words in my mind on what events took place for the past few days.

Including the weird actions of Dream that I took notice of, No person would treat me like how Dream acts towards me. Sure, he acts harsh and forces me in to things but why would he trust me in an open field and even leaving me alone with No one to guard me if ever I plan to escape. Was it his way of manipulating me sometime? Is it some sort of sick plan to dig L'manburg down to its Losing game? To this war?

I closed my eyes as I inhaled and exhaled, relaxing myself while listening to the splashes of water by the waterfall. Then opening it once again.

There were a lot of things that could may be the main reason of Dream acting the way he is now but I can't seem to find the answer. I do have another in mind but it was almost impossible, like how Fire can beat Water. I must be starting to lose my mind from being homesick, so I stood up from the ground and started walking back to the path we came from. It only took me minutes to arrive there, with George cooking food while Sapnap and Dream talked by the side.

" I'm back... " I muttered, catching the attention of Dream and Sapnap.

Dream looked at me for a second before turning to Sapnap. I decided not to mind as I made my way to the same tree I sat on a few hours ago, walking pass the two as I heard a bit of their talk.

" Dude, you do know she could've just escaped, right? " Sapnap asked in disbelief before turning to me when he noticed me walking by. I immediately looked down and sped pass the two, taking a seat on the tree afterwards.

___

As soon as Night fell, everyone laid in their respective places. George brought out his blanket and laid beneath a large tree, Sapnap hoggled the spot beside the campfire to warm himself from the brutal high temperature during the Night while Dream sat on top of a tree, taking the spot as a look out. Everyone was fast asleep, except for two. Samantha had troubles with sleeping ever since being kidnapped and taken away from Tubbo and the others, and the cold winds did not help at all.

Samantha kept tossing and turning on the ground with nothing but her own arm to lay on. Until she gave up and sat up, rubbing both sides of her arms while looking around. She took notice of the campfire but Sapnap had already taken the place. She groaned silently while searching for Dream, wondering where he was. Samantha stood up from the ground and looked around the forest, wandering all around. Dream however remained silent as he watched her from above, the view from atop gave him access to a lot of spaces on the ground, so he could easily see everywhere.

" It's so cold, shit. " Samantha mumbled to herself and shivered, goosebumps running all over her body as the wind whistled around the forest after a harsh blow. She stopped for a short second before continuing her walk, Dream sighed and jumped down with the help of a vine stuck to the tree.

The small thump made the brunette jump as she raised a protective hand before her, only to realize who it was. She hesitantly lowered her arms but took a few steps back. After all, he was still the enemy.

" Where are you going? " He asked.

Samantha looked around, hesitant to respond to his question.

" It was cold. " She answered rather quickly, making Dream raise his eyebrows from behind the mask.

" It's colder away from the campfire, you should've stayed. " Dream responded with his arms crossed.

" Well, I would have if Sapnap over there gave a bit of space for the fire to spread its warmth, sir. " Samantha replied and rolled her eyes.

" It isn't even that cold. "

Samantha smiled sarcastically while looking him up and down, making him step back as he confusedly watched her.

" Says the man who's wearing three layers of clothes. "

" Even if I didn't, I would be fine. "

" Sorry then, I'm sorry I'm not a cold-blooded bastard. " She raised her hands defensively while walking slowly towards him. Dream watched her every actions, still with his arms crossed and a frown plastered to his face.

" What are you doing? " He asked, looking down at Samantha as she was obviously a lot shorter than himself.

" Why do you wear a mask? " She asked curiously.

" That's none of your business. " Dream replied with an annoyed groan. The question had always been asked towards him, hearing it wasn't new but he sure was tired of it.

" Hm, " She hummed in a way like she was thinking with her hand holding her chin. " I bet you're just ugly. "

Dream was taken back at the reply, his eyes widening slightly at this girl's attitude. He rolled his eyes and was visibly annoyed but it remained hidden behind the cut out.

" Is respect other's privacy non existent in your mind? " Dream raised his hand and knocked his finger on Samanthat's forehead, making her frown and forced a smile on her face.

" Respect? Privacy? Holy cow, never did I expect for a kidnapper to say that. I should write that for scientific purposes. " Samantha replied with a sarcastic laugh with a fake smile plastered to her face like a glued on mask.

" I did not kidnap you. " He defended himself with a low growl.

" Oh, are there other words for kidnap in your vocabulary? " She snickered while waving her hands all over the wind, mocking him to his limit.

" You're getting a little too comfortable, Samantha. " Dream threatened with the bow in his hand.

" What are you going to do? Kill me? Go on. "

Dream stopped for a moment, he was surprised by her sudden answer. Samantha smiled mischeviously knowing she had got him on the edge.

" I should've let you burn in those fires. " Dream mumbled under his breath after turning around to head back to camp.

Samantha heard all of it and raised both eyebrows. Her eyes widened slightly as the sentence kept repeating inside her mind, checking if what she heard was right. She frowned in annoyance and ran to catch up with him, tugging quickly on the sleeve of his jacket as soon as she got close.

" What did you say? " Samantha asked with a confused frown.

" Let go of me, don't make me tie you down. " Dream said once he felt her hands gripping on to a weak side of his body. Samantha however remained, watching him closely. He suddenly groaned in visible pain once her grasp tightened, making Samantha's eyes widen as she was quickly sent back by his push.