Chapter 29

Darkness and Silence came like the thick velvet curtains of the theatre. It was if the daytime and the cheering voices had been one part of the play and the the rest was to come after this intermission of the night. No one dared to make a sound back inside L'manburg's walls, not even a single cricket of the animals and the swaying of leaves were heard. As if life itself was dreading for what's to come after this day.

But from the corners of the walls, where it was dark and barely seen by the naked eye, stood a man. Dressed in a normal clothing, where No one would realize who he was until a crown was placed to his head and a gown around his shoulders. He wanted to be there to watch the supposed Victory for Wilbur Soot, but instead went downhill after the announcement of Schlatt's Win. Regrets flashed before his face as he witnessed the void of Wilbur and Tommy. But there was nothing he could do, or he would face the world of consequences.

" Let's go, we can't talk about this here. " A calm voice came from the exit as he stood in front of two. One of them pushing his glasses up and crossed his arms.

Eret turned to the source and realized the familiar faces. Curiousity got the best of him once he finds himself walking towards them, meaning he had stepped out of the dark, revealing himself. As the walls were near to empty, particular sets of eyes followed his every step.

" Is that...? " Niki whispered to Tubbo and Fundy who was sat beside her, watching Eret as he walks closer to the trio.

" He was here? " Fundy growled and showed an unpleasant frown. His emotions scattered around him like spikes, worrying Niki and Tubbo. Tubbo quickly jumped in and held his hands, preventing Fundy from moving an inch.

Thankfully, Fundy had better control of his emotions compared to the others. He was able to stop himself right after Tubbo's warning, but it didn't stop the growing anger as he continued to spy on Eret.

" Eret? " George first noticed and immediately turned around. This caught the attention of the two, Sapnap and Dream. " What are you doing here? "

Eret stopped and exchanged looks with the three.

Dream squinted his eyes behind the mask and slipped his hands inside the pockets of his pants before rolling his shoulder backwards, straightening his back posture. To his side was Sapnap, slouched down with his palms leaning to his sword as the blade was planted to the ground. Both were secretly eyeing Eret, highly questioning his prescence. Eret seemed to have caught on with this and cleared his throat to ease the increasing Anxiousness.

" I watched the Election. " He responded while maintaining the proper eye contact with the three, specially to Dream. Despite being proclaimed as king by Dream himself, Eret wasn't dumb enough to realize their thin trust for each other.

" Where were you? " George asked curiously. Differently to the two, George had No idea of their suspiciousness to Eret.

" I was behind the stage. "

Sapnap cracked his knuckles and looked him up and down. " What are you wearing? "

Eret rubbed behind his neck and glanced at the back, just noticing the piercing eyes he was feeling for a minute now. He pretended to still be clueless about this and looked away.

" I didn't want to be noticed. " Eret replied.

" Eret, we have to go. If you plan to say something, just visit the base. " Dream finally spoke once again and sighed, obviously impatient inside. Eret raised his eyebrow, throwing a questioning look towards him.

" I can't go there, Dream. You know why. " He said.

Suddenly, light footsteps were heard from behind them but Eret suspected it was the three that started leaving. He only focused down on George, who suddenly tensed up at the mentioning of her. Sapnap however seemed to hide it well while Dream was obviously already hard to read, making George the only option for Eret to stare at as he wonders about what's on his mind.