Chapter 52

Samantha's POV

" Where are we? " I asked while walking beside Tubbo.

It's not like I didn't trust him, it was the place where we were currently walking on. Uncountable Dark Oak trees surrounded the whole area as well as tall mushrooms in every corners. Due to how tall and large the trees are, there were barely any sunlight to lessen the intimidating aura this place emitted. I could only just hope we arrive sooner to where Tubbo was leading us.

" We're almost there. " Tubbo responded with a reassuring smile while he continued to look ahead.

I sighed and started to rub my hands against my arm. The temperature inside the Dark Forest was dropping every step I took, even when I was completely covered in thick fabric. I glanced at Tubbo and saw him happily humming about bees; behind us, Clay was nonchalantly admiring everything and Tommy was playing with sticks that he must've found along the way. Everyone seemed to be just fine, and I was not.

All of a sudden, I heard heavy footsteps, and I assumed it was Tubbo when I saw him running as fast as he could to get ahead. My first instinct was to catch up as soon as I saw him disappear within the darkness. I dropped my arms and groaned as I ran, my legs wasn't in the best condition yet after all. As I continued, I started to see fast movements from the corner of my eye, and it terrified me.

I started to pick up pace and saw the road end with Two of the largest trees I've ever seen, but there was a gap between it where I saw Tubbo enter in. I slowed down and ducked, just so I could fit inside.

" Tubbo? " I called. Just as I stood up, I saw him standing in front of me with his back facing me. A sigh of relief escaped past my lips as I slowly walked up towards him, but before I could reach him, the strongest blow of a wind came splashing right in front of Tubbo and I.

I looked at him as I raised my arms in front of my face. His long brown hair started to flow behind him while he stood in front of me completely frozen, as if he wasn't bothered by it, at all. When I was about to scream, everything stopped, almost like time and life came to a pause at the same time. I slowly dropped my arms, and looked around with a confused frown. The dancing leaves, the loud chirping birds, the swaying tall grass— Everything stopped, and it only confused me more with how unnatural it was.

It was just Confusion at the start, now it became terrifying as the time went on, and on. I turned around, hoping to get back and call for Clay, or maybe Tommy, when I was stopped by Tubbo's voice.

" Come back, "

I frowned while staring at my hand that was about to reach the long vines covering the exit between the trees. I quickly turned my head around, surprised to hear his voice in between the silence. It was terrifying, but he was my family, what would be there for me to be afraid?

That was the same question I asked when I hesitated to speak. I slowly stepped backward and reached out a hand from behind to grab the vines.

" I said, come back. "

At this point, it felt like I was just imagining things. He sounded like Tubbo, He looked like Tubbo, but it wasn't him.

" Sam? " I felt my breathe stop, as well as my movement when I saw him move in front of me.

Fear started to take over me, and I was desperate to get out of here, immediately. I was about to turn around when I heard a spine-chilling sound that made me halt.