Chapter 2

A day later, Samantha came out of her room wearing a long, black cloak with pants and combat boots. The cloak mostly covered her torso and half of her hips so the shirt under wasn't seen. Leather straps was also placed on her shoulders, connecting to her back with a bunch of arrows and a bow. While her arm was covered with an iron arm guard, a gift from a close friend.

" Sam? "

Samantha looks up from her arm, noticing Fundy and Eret who came from the kitchen. They must've noticed Samantha and immediately headed towards her. Samantha smiled awkwardly with a small wave.

" Where are you going? " Fundy asked.

" I'm going out to practice my aims, how about you two? " She asked, looking at their outfits.

" Fundy here wasted all my wood yesterday, so he's coming with me to collect more. " Eret nudged at Fundy's side, making him wince and chuckle nervously. Samantha lets out a laugh.

" By the way, have you seen Wilbur? " Samantha asked. " I've been looking for him, as well as the teens but they're not in their rooms. "

" Hmm Nope! But I think they're all together, so there's nothing to worry about Sam. " Fundy reassured his friend with a cheeky grin. Eret agreed and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder, telling her to believe in Fundy. Samantha took in a deep breath before nodding.

Eventually, the group decided to split up to do their own tasks. The two guys went inside the forest while Samantha walked straight, heading to another part of the forest wherein she built her own training area. It was rather small but perfect for one person only. Upon her arrival, an open field came across her inside the circle of trees where a small training area stood with self-made targets built by Samantha. She drops her weapons on a small broken branch before removing her cloak, revealing her black, sleeveless shirt.

The wind blew pass her, whistling around the forest before silence invaded. Samantha then proceeded to tie her hair up before picking up her bow and arrows. Her hand made its way to the wooden body with the other preparing the arrow. She narrowed her eye at the target while slowly pulling the string back, aiming it towards the center. In one big snap, the arrow flew over her cheek as it swiftly made its way towards the target, hitting the center. Her confidence seemed to get the best of her as she smirked to herself.

" Not bad. " Samantha snickered and picked up another bow, aiming it towards a different target.

This continued on for hours, spending only a minute during breaks and continuing for another three hours. It was quite impressive for a girl like her, she seemed so fragile with her thin body. Even Tommy was in disbelief after witnessing her training once and never did he piss her off, just not enough for her to shoot an arrow straight to his skull.

Once the sun started setting, she takes in a deep breath before wrapping the cloak around her once again. She shivered at the cold fabric before quickly sprinting away from the area. Samantha was quickly out of the forest and was already a few feet close to the walls. But something caught her eye from afar, this made her stop and look at what it was. Her eyes slightly widened at the sight of fire and faint noises of crackling wood. Samantha quickly ran towards that direction, tightly holding on to her bow as she jumped over branches and zoomed pass large trees.

" No..no, no. "

A large firey house stood before Samantha, making her gasp in Horror. She couldn't believe what she was seeing, the house was slowly burning in to a crisp and everything was ruined. Samantha sprinted around the house, searching for any left but everything was either burning or gone. She slowly stepped back in disbelief, her eyes burning due to the ashes. She held on to her bow once again and started running back to L'manburg, only to have the point of a blade pointed to her throat.