Chapter 19

Wilbur's POV

Just as I arrived by the entrance of the clinic, I heard them laughing inside while cracking a few jokes to each other, mostly about Tommy that I'm sure they'll use to mock him once he wakes up. I looked down at my feet and gritted my teeth, deep regret suddenly surging my mind as I tried my best not to turn back.

She'll be safe.

I pulled myself and walked inside the room, only to lock eyes with Tubbo who finally seemed as happier, just like the old times. My throat clenched at the sight but I remained calm. Fundy soon looked at me as well with a happy smile but glanced at the door, waiting for a particular someone.

" Hello Wilbur, where is Sam? " Tubbo asked with his gentle smile. Just like her's, it was contagious and innocent.

" Yeah! She missed out a lot on our jokes. " Fundy exclaimed before laughing in unison with the boy.

I felt my body weaken as I finally saw them happy, genuinely happy. Ever since the War, never did I once see them smile nor laugh or simply have a conversation with each other. It was torture to see, and I dread that it must come to an end as I made my decision to keep everyone safe. I closed my fists tight and looked down at the both of them, the laughter soon died out as soon as they take notice of my silence.

" Wilbur? " Tubbo asked confusedly.

I glanced at the sleeping boy on the bed, sound asleep with a look of peace on top of his face. I was glad he was alseep, he at least was safe from what I'm about to say.

" She's not coming back. " I answered.

Tubbo and Fundy exchanged looks of confusion.

" What do you mean she's not coming back? " Fundy asked.

I took in a deep breath, trying to contain myself as I knew it's going to happen sooner or later. I opened my eyes once again and stared at the both of them. Tubbo however already seemed to be catching on and was taking it badly, his whole body was shaking but Fundy remained confused.

" She's back with Dream. " I hesitantly responded.

Just like I expected, Tubbo stood up from the bed in shock. His eyes were widened in anger. Knowing Tubbo, he was smart enough to know what had happen, while Fundy was in a state of utter shock making it unable for him to move his body. I soon hung my head low as I prepared for the blow.

" Wilbur, you are joking right? " His voice grew lower to each passing word while he slowly approached me.

" She'll be safe- "

" She'll be safe?! " Tubbo yelled in pure anger as he grabbed me by the collar, making me stumble backward. I looked down at him and stared in to his eyes. It had turned red with hot tears circling his eyes before dropping to his cheeks.

Fundy eventually stood up and tried to pull Tubbo away from me but he didn't budge. He kept his burning eyes impaled to my soul, making me uneasy as I couldn't keep up with eye contact anymore.

" Wilbur! Have you gone mad? "

" Tommy is in a severe state! He and Samantha are the only strong ones out of all of us, and she will die if she stays with us! " I yelled back, surprising to Tubbo.

" And you decide to make her stay with the enemy?! " Tubbo fought back, gripping tightly on to my collar and started pushing me backwards. I stuck my heel to the ground, making Tubbo stop as he couldn't move me anymore. He immediately looked up with a deathly glare.