Chapter 24

Samantha's POV

" You should be fine here. " I said as I stood beside the bed while Schlatt shifts around on top of it, trying to make himself comfortable. It took him about a minute until he looked at me and nodded.

" This is fine but are you sure you'll be fine outside? This is your room after all. " He asked.

I crossed my arms and sighed.

" I'll be fine, besides I'm not planning to rest for tonight. I've already taken a nap a while ago. "

" What about Dream? "

I glanced at door and took notice of Dream standing outside of it with his arms crossed. Although his back was faced to us, I knew he was pissed off with me lending my room to Schlatt for the night. I rolled my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose to release the stress. I looked back at Schlatt and shot him a nod, reassuring him that it'll all be fine. He was glad and bid me his goodnight after I exited the room.

Now leaving me alone with Dream. Deciding to mind my business, I walked pass Dream to set the blanket down to the floor.

" It's cold out here, you should've stayed in your room. " Dream stated without sparing me a glance as he plays around with a few objects, his back purposely faced away from me.

" I'll be fine. " I protested and leaned my palms on top of my knees to push myself up. I then proceeded to turn my head around, watching him as he plays with a small cup by the table. He stopped as soon as he heard my answer and turned to look at me.

" Whatever floats your boat. " He lightly scoffed under his breath and walked to my side, where he planned to rest. He quickly plopped down on the floor and brought out a piece of parchment with a few roads to different places.

" Is that a map? " I asked.

" Go mind your business. "

I raised both my eyebrows at his sudden answer. The Frustration in my head suddenly grew worse. I felt a vain slowly pulsing rapidly as I tried to collect myself rather than lashing out at him. I averted my eyes to the floor as I gently sat down on the makeshift bed and leaned the side of my head on the wall with my back turned towards Dream.

Why is he acting like this?

I unknowingly gripped hard on the blanket below me, causing it to crumple inside my fist as I couldn't control myself.

___

Dream's POV

Half an hour had passed, I sighed in exhaustion and placed the map beside me with the ink and quill placed on top of it. I then turned my head to the windows as soon as the loud wind had slammed on to it for another time, but this time it was a lot louder and strong causing the wind to crack open one of the windows. I quickly stood up from the floor and gripped the metal bars to shut it close, the wind started to push the raindrops back inside the house and started to soak my face. I pulled harder and eventually managed to close it.

I sighed in relief and wiped the cold liquid out of my face using my sleeves. I stood around for a second when I heard light movements behind me. I looked down and saw Samantha shivering slightly as she was also hit by the rain. She had already used the blanket to lay on, so there was nothing to provide her warmth for the cold night. An irritated scoff left my lips as I remembered the warning I told her minutes ago.