Chapter 31

The lingering light was obliterated by the rapidly falling night. The once salmon and purple sky transformed into a vast expanse of jet-black that engulfed the town. A canopy of luminous stars materialized amongst the ocean of blackness. Some were dull, merely flickering into existence every now and then, but there was an adequate amount of shimmering stars to illuminate the dark, moonless night. The lake glistened, mirroring the dazzling assemblage of glittering stars and the luminescence from the water. The faint wind brushed against the water's surface, the ripples ruffled the stillness of the surface, and shattered the reflection of the harbour.

A group of men started to make their way to the forest, where Technoblade wanted to lead them to, stating that he had seen something unexplainable. This sparked the curiousity of the two, Tommy and Wilbur. They haven't been around outside since their flee, and nothing felt safe anymore for them to freely walk the grounds. Today was the only Night they've walked outside, and the same day was where they'll meet the upcoming surprises.

" Techno, can't you just tell us what you saw? " Tommy continued to pester Technoblade as he couldn't wait to arrive. However, Techno never responded, even though he was starting to lose his patience.

" Technoblade! "

" Please! Just tell me! "

" Come on, this isn't fair. We've been walking for hours. "

With Tommy continuing to annoy his older brother, it soon ticked off another.

" Tommy, shut your mouth for a second. All I've been hearing is your whines and shit. " Wilbur had enough with the youngest and stopped to scold him with a finger pointed to Tommy's face. Tommy looked up at Wilbur in surprise before rolling his eyes in annoyance.

" But- "

" Please, just listen to Wilbur before I send you flying in the air with one kick. " Techno finally spoke and threatened Tommy for being too much of an annoyance. Not that he hated Tommy for it, but he wanted peace in silence too.

Tommy crossed his arms with a huff and a deep frown. Wilbur and Techno exchanged looks as they remember the younger days of their brother, acting the same thing. Techno sighed with a hand on his forehead while looking up, while Wilbur was silent and tried to keep himself cool.

" I'm being treated badly! I want to go back. " Tommy started a tantraum and was now insisting to go back. The two pretended not to hear this and watched the boy as he marched his way to the wrong path.

It was like any other day for the siblings, as they've already grown accustomed to Tommy's personality. But as he walked, Techno's ears perked up in surprise at another sudden movement. He knew too well of Tommy, and he wasn't as heavy as seemed. This alarmed Techno, and quickly ran towards Tommy. He wrapped an arm around the smaller blonde and pulled him towards the other side as Techno raised his sword with the other, directing it to the sound. When an unepexcted touch of two swords surprised all of them, even Techno who wasn't expecting another.

From the Middle of the rest, three men stood in all three sides of a triangle. Two of which was holding weapons and raised to the Third.

" W-Wait...! " Eret nervously raised his arms as he was suddenly stopped by blades directed to his throat. He quickly observed the men in front of him, both were wearing masks with only of them being familiar.

All three parties went silent. Techno was swift with his movement and pushed Tommy away, sending him back to Wilbur. He then stood in front of the two, knowing well enough that he was the only one with a great stance. Wilbur knew of his plan, and so he used his body to shield Tommy behind him.

" Dream, Eret. " Wilbur stated their names together, his eyebrows furrowing at the familiar faces.

" Who are you? " Dream spoke and was pointing at Technoblade.