Chapter 44

I heard there was a special place,
where men could go and emancipate
the tyranny and bloodlust of their rulers.
Well this place is true, you needn't fret.
with...

Opening my eyes, I had just realized I've fallen asleep on the couch inside the lounge. Suddenly remembering that after Clay left along with Tubbo and Fundy, I returned inside the building to rest, in which was my original plan in the first place. Surprisingly, I felt much better now that I've gotten some shut eye that I've been wanting for quite a while. Although, something bothered me the moment I woke up. This song- there was a sweet voice singing in my dream with soft hums of melody from strings. It was wonderful, to say the least, but who was that?

Well, I truly believe it was a man with a great taste in music. His voice was able to soothe me in a kind way, causing a few shivers on my arms as I imagined being in a place with people who wore genuine smiles. But, I must admit that I was surprised to recognize the place as Manburg with different people. I sat up from the seat, feeling the strain on my muscles, instantly regretting my poor decisions of laying sideways on a couch. I sighed, defeated.

As I stood, it didn't take long for me to find someone. From the archway, a man dressed with just a simple jacket and pants leaned his side to the frame, looking at me. Obviously confused, I raised both my eyebrows.

" Come on, follow me. " Quackity ordered, slightly moving his shoulder instead of his hands that were completely hidden inside the pockets of his jacket. Normally, I would've taken the chance and ask, but this time was different as I followed behind him immediately.

" Sapnap, "

I halt my tracks along with Quackity, since I was behind him, I stepped out and came to be surprised by a taller man in front of us. Slowly looking up, I found him looking down at me with dark eyes. Although, I found it rather funny with how he wasn't as intimidating as he thought he was. I quickly looked away and threw a questioning stare at Quackity.

" Schlatt asked if you can train her before the event, we need more security. " Quackity spoke to Sapnap, rather than answer me as I look at him. I huffed lightly after being ignored.

" Security? You using this as a security guard? " Sapnap looked away from him and down at me, again. He was clearly doubting me as his eyes trailed up and down on me with a deep frown. I heard a sigh from Quackity, before he stepped a little closer to Sapnap and whispered to him which I couldn't hear. Though, I was fairly confident that it was about me as the man named, Sapnap, threw me a look.

" I'll be leaving, I have a lot of stuff to do. " I glanced at Quackity, just noticing the heavy bags under his eyes, showing signs that he hasn't been sleeping properly these days and his voice was rather raspy. Knowing Schlatt and their relationship, I guessed this was because Schlatt tends to be strict against him and always had things his way, rather than letting his Vice speak. But as I don't want assuming things, I looked away and looked up at Sapnap.

" Yes, I know you- Samantha, no need for Intros and let's get on with this. " He turned his back on me and picked up an iron sword from the ground. I frowned even more, I wasn't even going to say anything.

I rolled my eyes and stepped to the far end, facing him after succesfully catching the sword he tossed me with no warning. Fortunately, he was impressed but I didn't know he'd be a lot more brutal. He quickly charged at me with full speed, which ended with me on the ground, my breathing hitched as I stared at the end of his blade on my face. Sapnap sighed, quite disappointed before retreating his sword.