Chapter 20

" I beg your pardon? " Samantha's eyes widened in disbelief, looking straight in to his mask. Dream never moved a muscle and sighed.

" You're helping. Do you want to starve or not? " He asked once again. He stood behind the stoves and had a chest filled with raw meat, making Samantha's face contort in disgust as she fanned her hand over her nose to get rid of the horrible smell.

" I'm not putting my hands inside that. No, not today. " She pulled her hands up in defense and started backing away slowly.

" Come here. "

Samantha looked up, raising her eyebrows and shaking her head in disagreement. Dream crossed his arms and leaned back before slowly nodding his head. Once again, the stubborness of the young brunette took over as she aggressively shook her head " No " with disgust written on her face. He takes in a deep breath and pulled the chest open.

A gag was heard from behind Dream, making him turn to witness Samantha acting out in the background as she covered her mouth and nose with two hands. Dream shook his head in disbelief before pulling out a chicken, in which was newly hunted by Sapnap who was still on the loose trying to finding even more meat to hunt. While George, however, was nowhere to be seen.

" I've already pulled it out, now go. " Dream stepped back and stretched out his arms for the chicken on top of a wooden plate on the heating stove. Samantha still stood her ground, shaking her head.

" Sam, I'm telling you. If you don't- "

Samantha lets out a groan of annoyance before quickly walking towards the raw meat. She stopped breathing for a few seconds before deciding to cut the chicken for it to be seperated in to small bits to be easily eaten before placing it inside the hot stove. Once finished, she pulled her arms away from her as she used her shoulder to cover her mouth while gagging in disgust.

Dream rolled his eyes behind his mask before checking out the stove while Samantha sprints off to the small river she found by the edge. She quickly made her way towards it and crouched down as she desperately tried to get rid of the horrid smell emitting from her hands. Due to the rushing water, it was hard to hear clear noises. But loud footsteps made her turn towards their direction. She quickly pulled herself up and advanced forward, not forgetting to be careful as the river ended by the edge.

Samantha's eyes trailed down, only to catch a glimpse of a feminine figure down the land below. Her eyebrows furrowed, surprised to see a female running around when herself was the only girl she knew. Samantha shook her hands to dry off the water and tried to follow the woman, speeding off to the distance. The woman had a medium-length hair and beautiful brown locks that shined beautifully under the rays of the sun, appearing to be some type of goddess as she ran through a flower field.

When Samantha's curious eyes turned in to a look of surprise when the familiar walls of her home appeared in the distance, making her stop. She looked down and narrowed her eyes, searching for familiar faces.

" Oh... " She mumbled.

In her point of view, she saw a familiar friend by the walls, greeting the woman as soon as he passed by. The same woman she had watched running around the open field in front of L'manburg's walls. Her heart inside her chest clenched tightly, as if someone was stabbing it constantly while tightly holding on to it. She fluttered her eyes close, a confused smile appearing along with a low chuckle.

Samantha watched from atop, seeing the familiar faces along with the girl. The night before appeared in her mind, they had the same smile plastered to their faces while they all conversated with the girl. She blinked for a second and frowned, her smile dropping when a boy and another exited the gate. He was wrapped in heavy bandages all over while the other softly smiled.